Are you a fish eater?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

Why are you worried about the parasites? How are they any more disgusting than raw fish?

#22 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:14 PM

Why are you worried about the parasites? How are they any more disgusting than raw fish?

Ah, you fail to understand.... it's like trying to explain color.

#23 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:24 PM

Do I eat fish??? What kind of question is that?? That is like asking is there water in the ocean. But I am like you, I like to know where the fish come from. Went to Olive garden last night actually and celebrated my Daughters birthday and had parmesan crusted tilapia. Ummm Ummmm. But I must say that I do love fishing and most of the time it is done just for fishing and not to bring home and eat. Unless it is real pretty I usually just throw them back. Unfortunatly it is an addiction more than for my health when I go. I do not stop until I can't see the float, run out of bait, or my back hurts so bad that I have to go home for more codien. But ya I love to eat fish. Heading down to Louisiana either tommorow or tuesday and when I told my Mother in the nursing home that I was going to do fish collecting for my aquariums she said how about collecting some that I can eat while you are at it. She said the cook at the nursing home would cook them up for her. So do you think I will ablige her. Absolutly. Good fishing down in the Cypress Swamps of Lafayette Louisiana.

#24 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:29 AM

I love LJS(long john's) I usually go get a family pack and take it home and have some french loaf ready and turn that crispy piece of fish into a giant po boy. Other than that I cook my own fish in a couple different ways: Grilled with Teriyaki sauce/ Black bean sauce/pan fried with a crust of curry powder and tamarind...and recently I made a sandwich my wife wouldn't touch but my son loved it: Canned pink salmon with BBQ sauce. Of all the fish I tried...my Fav is Sting Ray and second is Marbled Goby. The texture on the sting ray is amazing...white and firm almost like chicken....which I grill with a crust of curry/cumin/tamarind.
man this thread has gotten me hungry!

#25 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:32 AM

Fish taste great!!!! I'm not sold on sushi, though. Have you ever had Brook Trout fresh out of the stream and cooked with nothing but a little salt and butter? Insert drool here!!!!

#26 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:34 AM

Fish taste great!!!! I'm not sold on sushi, though. Have you ever had Brook Trout fresh out of the stream and cooked with nothing but a little salt and butter? Insert drool here!!!!

I used to live in Oshawa Ontario Canada. And because of my ageing brain and not have lived there since 1989 I can't remember the name of the stream I went to. But yes a little single burner backpacking stove and oil/margerin and those tiny little brooktrout/speckeled trout fresh out of the water and into the frying pan. Man other people just do not know how to live. :-({|=
Ah ha I knew if I typed long enough it would come to me. The stream was called Bernly Creek. (?spelling) Those little speckeled trout are so beautiful when they come out of the water. And on a cool spring morning in Canada you would hear the Roughed Grouse drumming all day long on their teritorial hollow logs. Then there are the huge deer up there that would come and drink. Beaver, mink, etc etc. There is more to fishing than fishing. Nature rules. Love it.

#27 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

Not to totally hi-jack this thread, but when I first glanced at the screen full of new posts, I thought the title was "are you a feeder fish?"... I know a little dyslexic... so I was expecting something like...

If your tank mate's nick name is Mr. Grindel... you might be a feeder fish.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#28 Guest_choupique_*

Guest_choupique_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:26 AM

Yes, Mr. Grindel is a good one for eating feeder fish. :-D

I actually did that today, thought it said 'are you a feeder fish'. Weird.

My daughters have brought this up. They find it a bit strange to eat fish, when we have them for pets. I explain just like Mr. Grindel, we eat fish too. They are good for Mr. Grindel, and they are good for us.

I have not found a fish I did not like to eat, although I like some much better than others....UH OH, Mr. Grindel is looking at me right now. Actually, his name is Jaws III. After 24 years a bowfin finally had the personality etc. to get in the line of Jaws' I have had. :D/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users