Could something like this work for you?
Keep in mind: EVERYTHING IS A COMPROMISE IN NET DESIGN......EVERYTHING!
- Length of pole
- Thickness of pole
- The Frame Head would weigh approx. 2.5-3.5 lbs.
- It would have a Chafe Bar on the front
- It could hold a 5 gallon bucket of mud and muck in a vertical position without breaking
- You could shove the edge into the substrate like a shovel blade and scop up a full load of mud, sand, rocks or shells without the frame breaking
- The Frame Head would be interchangeable with 2 or 3 bolts or cotter pins
Length x width ? keep in mind that 12x12 will be the min. either in length or width
20" Length x 16" Width will be the Max.
So what size(s) would be ideal?
* Remember, with this Fantasy Dip Net you can have multiple frame heads with each one having a different net or any combination*
C. Basket Style: slow and tapered to a rounded -like bottom....not much depth, 2 seams
D. Back Slope : back of net slopes towards user ...really easy dumping
E. Dump Bag style: Load it up with 30-50 lbs of muck , mud and fish.....carry to where you want and untie the "dump" line
F. Crab net style: Bottom is sewn in and is a certain % reduced from the top frame size....4 seams
G. Valley style: EVERYTHING drops into a valley at the bottom of the net
How deep is User Friendly?
What if you could have 3 or 4 depths? What would they be?
Square is the measure of one side of a diamond.
What size mesh or what type mesh?
White and soft or treated?
Green or black?
Stiff like wire mesh or just a touch?
really light like Ace
..a lot heavier and almost bullet proof
Lets call this a Fantasy Dip Net.....[i]a What-If......[i] Give me some feed back if you want. I am very curious about this ...!