Summer 2008 American Currents Is Out

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

All NANFA members will soon receive the Summer 2008 issue of American Currents, and as always it's good. The cover story is by Bob Bock on mummichogs (who doesn't like them?) and other features on the search for stone darters in Kentucky funded by NANFA's Conservation Research Grant, an essay by Peter Moyle on why the Central Valley, CA, chinook salmon is really disappearing, and a review of the legal and political maneuverings over the fate of the snail darter 30 years ago. If you've read this far and you're not a NANFA member with a subscription, why is that? It's not too late....

#2 Guest_AndrewAcropora_*

Guest_AndrewAcropora_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:12 AM

Excellent! I always enjoy receiving AC. I agree, for $20--it's a steal!
Not to mention NANFA member subscriptions support things like our annual research grants.

#3 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

I received my 5 issues yesterday and have opened every one.
:)
still gotta read the snail darter article carefully, just did a quick skim.
love that color!

#4 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

I received my 5 issues yesterday and have opened every one.

Five issues?

#5 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

heh heh,
i dont read them all. i just open and mark them on the inside cover.
i am sent a few extra each quarter which i deliver to the tennesssee aquarium. they in turn sell them at the gift shop. this has generated several new members over the years, and lead to phone calls from visitors.
btw, the tennessee aquarium was ranked the number 2 aquarium in a recent survey, as was chattanooga itself in another midcity livable survey by outdoor magazine.
a good place to be my home.
:)

#6 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

Five issues?

I think I stated this elsewhere awhile back but Regional Reps get extra copies to distribute. They are shipped a different method and arrive before our membership ones do. But they should be on the way!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users