Official Hello!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

I never actually introduced myself when I first joined these forums. So hello everyone, my name's Adam. I live in Central Kentucky, and am currently a student. Business Management is my major and I am hoping that one day I can own a chain of pet/fish stores. I love native fish, and the beauty of them out in the wild. It's good to be able to talk to people with the same interests as me.

#2 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

some of the guys are wanting to get a trip together out in Kentucky to see some of those darters you guys get out there. What do you think about that?

#3 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:55 PM

Getting together for a collecting trip would be awesome. Though, I would do more sampling than collecting. I can't fit many fish into my small dorm room. But I would love to go. Whereabouts in KY would you like to go?

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:59 PM

Barren river, Cumberland river below the falls, Big south fork of the cumberland. Those are my choices. I will probably be down that way in the next month or so. Maybe we could hook up.

#5 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:07 AM

Barren River is 2 minutes away. :-D I will be back at home for break. But it's only an hour drive from here. I would be happy to collect in the Barren. I was unable to get anyone to seine with me, and my useless minnow traps never brought up anything. I could show you two points on that river we could collect at. I can say that from the surface I have seen what I believe are shad? and some kind of stoneroller I think. I saw a huge fish in there one time that I could not identify. Anyway, the Barren has a lot of fish in it.

I went camping at cumberland falls on the cumberland river last year. Lots of fish there too.

When you come to the Barren, if you'd like, I can take you to a few creeks. I have seen darters in Trammel Creek. It's a very beautiful stream. Just have to watch out for the snakes! It would be nice to have a seining partner. I am not very experienced in seining, so I'm sure you could teach me.

And I'm hassling my parents for a pair of waders and a dipnet for christmas, so I should be set!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users