Mud sunfish video

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

I was bored in the fish room this morning and grabbed this video. Don't mind the silvery things. :tongue:

http://drewish.net/fish/mud.wmv

#2 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

I'm anxious to see, but the video doesn't seem to be loading...

#3 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

It worked for me. Nice fish & tank. I can imagine what's going through the fish's mind.

"There is Food Person! Is he going to feed me? Where's the food? What is that thing he's pointing at me? That's not food. He's not going to feed me. Huh." (Turns around and leaves.)

#4 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

I'm anxious to see, but the video doesn't seem to be loading...

Ever get it to work? Try saving it to your computer and then playing it.

It worked for me. Nice fish & tank. I can imagine what's going through the fish's mind.

"There is Food Person! Is he going to feed me? Where's the food? What is that thing he's pointing at me? That's not food. He's not going to feed me. Huh." (Turns around and leaves.)

Thanks. That is my "holding tank", basically meant to temporarily hold fish that I'm not quite sure where to put. He is tearing up one of my orangespots but he'll be gone soon.

That was the first time he really came out for food and I was lucky enough to have a camera close by. I was trying to catch a couple of male greenside darters fighting in another tank but the camera scared them.

#5 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

Yeah I got it to work. Pretty cool fish they are. Are those silvery things TN shiners?

#6 Guest_eLeMeNt_*

Guest_eLeMeNt_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

Cool video drew. I have still yet to see a mud sunfish in real life.

#7 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

Yeah I got it to work. Pretty cool fish they are. Are those silvery things TN shiners?

Nah. Those are the telescope shiners we got in the Rivanna. Also rosyface, whitetail, and bluntnose shiners.

Cool video drew. I have still yet to see a mud sunfish in real life.

Thanks, too bad I had to compress it, the original looks much better. Get Matt to find you one. :biggrin:

#8 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

We found two this year, someone just decided they needed benefits instead of working in Delmarva ditches. There is a small longnose gar in your old office as we speak.

#9 Guest_eLeMeNt_*

Guest_eLeMeNt_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

I didn't approve no long nose gar in my old office.

That should fit beautifully in Pat's 10 gallon.

We found two this year, someone just decided they needed benefits instead of working in Delmarva ditches. There is a small longnose gar in your old office as we speak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users