LaDue Reservoir Sunset.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CHBGator_*

Guest_CHBGator_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

Took my sun Fishing and to collect some plants for my tank and I took this great pic of the sunset on the west side of the reservoir by the boat ramp off Rt 44 south of 422.

Attached File  P1060553.JPG   21.44KB   1 downloads

Attached File  P1060552.JPG   20.56KB   1 downloads

#2 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

Good pics. How is the fishing on that lake?

#3 Guest_CHBGator_*

Guest_CHBGator_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

It was pretty good for kid fishing. We caught Bluegill, Sunfish and yellow perch. A guy came in on the boat ramp before we left and he and his wife had quite a few Crappie. Go to Ohio DNR it tells you what they stock in the lakes and the outlook for catching them. Here is a link for NE ohio Lakes and Rivers.:
http://www.dnr.state...53/Default.aspx

#4 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

It can be very good, multispecies. Probably one of if not the better largemouth lake in NE Ohio. Electric only, or has it been opened to gas? Pretty much no shoreline access because it is Akron watersupply. Alot of emergent vegetation.

#5 Guest_CHBGator_*

Guest_CHBGator_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

He was fishing on the east side of 44 there was a ton of vegetation where we were. Unfortunately the amount of trash there was disgusting. Broken bottles everywhere, camping chairs, empty night crawler containers you name it it was there. That place is in need of a organized clean up badly. Oh and yes no gasoline engines allowed there.

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

That's the bad thing about the lake. You can only fish from shore from the 422 and 44 causeways. So all the trash in the world ends up on the shore because they refuse to put out any trash cans and it's so far from the city limits that they don't mantain the actual grounds. It's rather funny since the whole arguement for not allowing outboards and shore access is to protect the water supply. Instead you have rampant and concentrated litering that rarely gets cleaned up on a yearly basis. It's a great place to collect emergent plants. I filled up a couple pots for an outdoor native pond in Hiram years ago from LaDue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users