collecting in LA or MS

20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

i have found some places but nothing out of the ordinary, just some sun perch, black crappie, mollies and topminnows...anybody know where can find any madtoms, heard that they have them in the Pearl River any truth to this? any other good spots?

#2 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

Anthony,

Browse the southern regional forum, trip reports, or fire up the ole search tool. You will likely find exactly what you want or people who have collected in the area whom may be able to give you some tips.

#3 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

Sun perch? The dialect escapes me?

#4 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

Have done some searches on google but havent really found much,

but yes sun perch :tongue: , bluegill or bream whichever you prefer

#5 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

I ment our own search tool on the top right.

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Anthony, where you at? (Update your profile). I know lots of places in both states, and people to contact.

#7 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:28 AM

yea sorry, that might help some

i live in Slidell, LA so anywhere within say 30 min of there

thanks

#8 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

Well, madtoms are all over the place, with speckled madtoms being the most common. Especially in the coastal rivers. I can say for sure that we collected 100's of 'em in the Tuxachanie. Really, they are quite easy to find. Just target isolated clumps of vegetation and Hey Presto - madtoms!

#9 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

Oh yeah, plenty of 'em in the Pearl too. It's just a matter of finding the right microhabitat.

#10 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Oh yeah, plenty of 'em in the Pearl too. It's just a matter of finding the right microhabitat.

:) guess i just havent found the right places, have been too many and havent caught any guess ill jsut keep looking, thanks

#11 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:44 PM

You need to join in on a Catfish Alliance trip - you will get some madtoms.

#12 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:27 PM

that would be awesome, love catfish, how would i get in on one of those?

#13 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

Just watch the forum for any announcements. It's starting to get cool here, so look for something in the Spring? (No comments, Ed!) I have a C/A function to attend in Meridian this October, but dunno yet if I will have time to do any actual collecting.

#14 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:12 AM

Just watch the forum for any announcements. It's starting to get cool here, so look for something in the Spring? (No comments, Ed!) I have a C/A function to attend in Meridian this October, but dunno yet if I will have time to do any actual collecting.

ill look out for any announcements, sounds fun

#15 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

I am doing a talk in Meridian Monday Oct. 13 - I haven't any definite plans for the A.M. - maybe some guitar playing. Perhaps BullheadsRDfish would be interesting in leading some collection activities?

#16 Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*

Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Irate Mormon, I was definitely planning on leading some collection activities for you in my area when you came. If Anthony is interested in coming and joining us for the day we can set something up and have all day or half a day of collecting and then Mr. Moore can do the talk that evening. Whatever will work well for both of you I am fine with anything.

#17 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:05 PM

Irate Mormon, I was definitely planning on leading some collection activities for you in my area when you came. If Anthony is interested in coming and joining us for the day we can set something up and have all day or half a day of collecting and then Mr. Moore can do the talk that evening. Whatever will work well for both of you I am fine with anything.

Definately missed the post >,< havent been on in a while cause of school, darn, lemme know whenever yall do something again :) thanks ill try and pay attention haha

#18 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

You missed out Big Time! We found a really neat spot - all the good stuff was there.

#19 Guest_AnThOnY_*

Guest_AnThOnY_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

You missed out Big Time! We found a really neat spot - all the good stuff was there.

mann, thats slightly depressing lol, wish i would have been looking out for it, what kind of stuff did yall get

#20 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

A lamprey for one - that made my trip! Dan got a tadpole madtom, which made HIS.. Also I got some minners which are not the usual suspects. Haven't taken time to look 'em up yet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users