Hey :)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Katie_1089_*

Guest_Katie_1089_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

lets get right to the chase shall we?

I have been fishing ever sence I can remember, my earliest memory pretty much involved sitting in the shallows with the tiny minnow fry nibbling at me.. and after that, I was building trenches deep in the bank to hold the smaller fish my dad would usually let go, at first they would die slowly, but eventully, I learned how to build a natural filter system..anyway :shock:

I'm 17 and go snorkling all summer long to collect fish, I have...several... aquariums and almost everyone has some form of native wildlife in it.. I currently have 2 juvinile orange spotted sunfish that I caught as 1/3 inchers *so cute when that small* I think I have a pair, one is less than half the length of the other and I'm pretty sure they were born around the same time..I have a yellow bullhead that I have had sence it was 1 inch, and 1 banded killifish. These numbers are very low from what I have had in the past: Several johney darters, tesleated darters, log perch, yllow perch, black bullhead, rainbow smelt, several species of dace, and minnow..the list goes on and on...

and believe me, I have many questions, so get ready lol

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:43 PM

Welcome Katie! we all look forward to your questions, and input!

#3 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

rainbow smelt how i thoght they were had to keep

#4 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

Where did you get your orange spotted sunfish and are you sure that's what they are? They aren't found in NYS.

Welcome to the site BTW :)

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

Owing to Katie's tender age, I'll skip the initiation and just say, Welcome!

#6 Guest_Katie_1089_*

Guest_Katie_1089_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:48 PM

I'm pretty sure they are orange spot.. Next time I catch an adult, I will take a picture and show it to you.. and I will get a picture of the 2 I have now, they are still small, so you can't tell by color... but they are in the middle of a change, and I'm pretty sure they are around the same age, but because of the size difference, they would be male and female?

And don't worry about hurting my feelings lol, I can take a punch.. :wink:

EDIT:

oh, and yea, I'm sure smelt are extremely hard to keep, but I'm willing to try, my dad brings them home to use as bait for fishing, but I just love their look, I'm a sucker for big teeth :shock:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users