Hi from Oklahoma

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mattwade_*

Guest_mattwade_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hey guys great to be part of the forum. I'm a student at Oklahoma State in the fisheries and aquatic ecology major. I currently have a 55 gal native tank with 3 log perch, 3 orange spotted sunfish, and a slender mad tom. I'm also helping logperchie with the two 225 gal tanks on campus. We are planning a collecting trip this weekend so hopefully I'll have a few more darters to add to my tank.
matt

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum. Orangespots are suddenly popular here, maybe because have difficulties finding them. I have five subadults in a 55-gal. tank and they're interesting, feisty fish.

#3 Guest_mattwade_*

Guest_mattwade_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Ya I lucked into a good place to find orange spotted sunfish about a week ago, looking for gambusia. I caught dozens of them all pretty small about an inch but all with great color.
matt

#4 Guest_jimv8673_*

Guest_jimv8673_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

Ya I lucked into a good place to find orange spotted sunfish about a week ago, looking for gambusia. I caught dozens of them all pretty small about an inch but all with great color.
matt

Welcome matt, ive been looking for orange spots for quite awhile maybe youll have some luck in spawning them so they will become more available in the hobby, I have a couple of good leads im gonna check out in the spring, Trying to collect as many of my own fish as i can. But there are so many great ones to aquire and study and so little time LOL. Anyway, welcome aboard

#5 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:33 AM

Matt,

Welcome to the forum! Great to have another fish-head around! What did you mean when you said:

...I'm also helping logperchie with the two 225 gal tanks on campus....

?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users