Guest_gzeiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

...but government is expensive.

#22 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

Waddya gonna do? I can't address specific problems with the TVA because I don't know the back story there, but all power sources have either some unwelcome byproduct or they cause environmental damage in some other way. You can tell people to individually use less energy but the world's population is growing by leaps and bounds. Accidents are gonna happen.

#23 Guest_Clayton_*

Guest_Clayton_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

Waddya gonna do? I can't address specific problems with the TVA because I don't know the back story there, but all power sources have either some unwelcome byproduct or they cause environmental damage in some other way. You can tell people to individually use less energy but the world's population is growing by leaps and bounds. Accidents are gonna happen.

Exactly. Lets do away with all these pesky regulations. It wouldn't have been a spill if they'd have just been pumping it into the river in the first place!

#24 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

In the holiday spirit (i.e. forum rules) lets not run off topic into a government this government, sarcasm or not.

#25 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

An update: http://news.duke.edu/2009/01/tva.html

#26 Guest_benmor78_*

Guest_benmor78_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

Hear, hear.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users