Every outing is learning experiance!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_troutperch beeman_*

Guest_troutperch beeman_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Learned something today. When collecting with kids bring extra clothing!!! The family and I went out to our local lake this afternoon had made 1 1/2 passes with the seine when my 5 year old son came running down to see what we had caught. He went right on his fanny and slid up to his neck in the water. My wife started freaking out, he started crying, and my daughter and I started laughing. The water was pretty cold maybe 45 to 50. Next time we'll bring some extra cloths so we can stay out. O'well chalk it up to a learning experience.. :D :D

#2 Guest_bflowers_*

Guest_bflowers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:15 AM

And I bet no one had a video camera, right?

Bill F.

#3 Guest_julnj2_*

Guest_julnj2_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:43 PM

I have experienced this, also

#4 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:39 AM

When I was living in LA I used to fish this lake in the middle of downtown LA(caught my biggest bass there 8lbs)...its real dirty...and they dont advise eating fish outta there...and from time to time cops go fish dead bodies out....one day I was fishing and saw this lil girl in a pretty dress...she was playing around with her brother and her dad and all of a sudden she fell in and the water was up to her chin!...all that mucky slimy water! :-& They pulled her out immediately...I dont even wanna think what that girl must have felt...

#5 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:47 AM

What do you mean small boy. I am almost to the big five 0 and when traveling to Louisiana a couple of days ago on one side of the bridge the water was weedy and reached just past my ankle at best. But I went through the concrete culvert and looked at the water and said hmm this looks deeper. I tested it with my net and sure enough it was very deep. So I stayed on the edge. But as it turned out the edge was really small and in I went. To say the least the early morning "SWIM" (day break) and cool water and weather was invigorating. But as far as the clothes went I was wishing I had not handed over my motel key so fast. There was this funeral home across the street so I went behind one office/maintainence area and stripped bu- Naked and changed clothes hopeing that there was not an early riser that worked in that office. Was around six thirty in the morning. Oh ya about that swim, it is a good idea not to go fish collecting with a cell phone in your pocket unless it is in a zip lock bag. I may have to replace it this week. Doing some strange things that phone is. 8-[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users