FRESHWATER FISHES OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Co-authored by NANFA prez Fritz Rohde
Due in April

INLAND FISHES OF THE GREATER SOUTHWEST
a long-overdue updating of W.L. Minckley's Fishes of Arizona
Due in June

Promotional fliers attached.

Attached Files

Edited by fundulus, 16 February 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#2 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

FRESHWATER FISHES OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Co-authored by NANFA prez Fritz Rohde
Due in April

don't order from this pdf. We will be putting a pre-publication one here soon - save $16 if bought by March 15.
Fritz

#3 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

Thanks a whole bunch for this work Fritz (Fred C. Rohde), Rudolf G. Arndt, Jeffrey W. Foltz and Joseph M. Quattro! I can't wait to get a copy.

If anyone has ever complained about the price of a publication....this book is priced very reasonably AND if you act now, you will save $16 as Fritz mentioned above.

See below attachment for the discount.
Attached File  Rohde_afS_09.pdf   1.04MB   307 downloads

#4 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

Checks in the Mail.
:)

Some day some one is going to inherit a Library of Fishdom.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

Whoo-Hoo!!

I was excited that our president is publishing a "fishes of..." for my neighboring state... and now a big discount! And for all of you not fortunate enough to live in the south, this state has a lot of fish that you all know and love... so it doesn't matter your geography this is going to be well worth the original price... and now it is 17.95 off the original price... that's more than 20%...

Michael "my real president id Fritz" Wolfe

Looks like I will have to write a check as soon as I get home...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Checks in the Mail.

Some day some one is going to inherit a Library of Fishdom.

bless you Casper. You may be the first. FYI - the cover shown on the pdf is not the final one - we swapped out the introduced species - common carp, grass carp - the cockroach mosquitofish with notchlip redhorse, striped bass, and lined topminnow. also moved the lowland shiner to the back and replaced it with a Carolina pygmy sunfish.

Fritz

#7 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

Congratulations Fritz,
Looking forward to some new reading material. When do you think the SC book will start shipping? I'll keep my eyes on the mail,..

James

#8 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

I spoke to the publishers today when I ordered my books and they said it would be available for shipment at the end of April or the beginning of May. I'd look for it mid May.

#9 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:47 PM

yea,.. I prety much figured it was still a little ways out. Thanks

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:45 AM

Ordered mine just now... you can call the number on the form, and talk to a live person... gave her my credit card number and have mine on order!!
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#11 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

Thanks a whole bunch for this work Fritz (Fred C. Rohde), Rudolf G. Arndt, Jeffrey W. Foltz and Joseph M. Quattro! I can't wait to get a copy.

If anyone has ever complained about the price of a publication....this book is priced very reasonably AND if you act now, you will save $16 as Fritz mentioned above.

See below attachment for the discount.
Attached File  Rohde_afS_09.pdf   1.04MB   307 downloads

I apologize for bringing this back up, but I want to make sure as many NANFA folks get the discount if they want it.

#12 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Want to remind everyone that this is the last week to get this book for the discounted price.

#13 Guest_khudgins_*

Guest_khudgins_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

Want to remind everyone that this is the last week to get this book for the discounted price.

Just called in and placed my order. Quick and easy, and the lady taking the order was quite pleasant.

Looking forward to receiving my copy in May!

#14 Guest_wegl2001_*

Guest_wegl2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ordered mine this morning.
David

#15 Guest_EdBihary_*

Guest_EdBihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

I apologize for bringing this back up, but I want to make sure as many NANFA folks get the discount if they want it.

Man! I don't get paid until next Thursday. Check in the mail (postmarked) by Sunday the 15th, or check received by Sunday the 15th?

#16 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Man! I don't get paid until next Thursday. Check in the mail (postmarked) by Sunday the 15th, or check received by Sunday the 15th?

You can phone order with a credit card if you're running out of time Ed. You can also call them and find out the specifics (the phone number is in the PDF).

#17 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

http://www.amazon.co...o...6207&sr=1-1

#18 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

Fritz and all are doing alright, this book rates number ~442,000 in sales on Amazon compared to ~7.7 million for the centrarchid book mentioned in another thread.

#19 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

Interesting, I have freshwater fishes of New Hampshire, it is a very interesting book and very very informative. I just wish it was more specific. It often lists a drainage and habitat the fish is found in but not the specific waterbodies in the drainage. I wonder if they also make freshwater fishes books for vermont and massachusetts.

#20 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:46 AM

Yes, there is a book for Massachusetts, The Inland Fishes of Massachusetts is the title by Karsten Hartel as lead author, published by Mass. Audubon. It's a good volume for a relatively small fauna.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users