Florida Books?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

I have a "Freshwater Fishes of..." book for all of the conventions I have been to. I beleive we are planning for the 2009 convention to be in Florida. Even if that is not true or not set yet, I live pretty close to Florida.

So the question is, what would be the best book for a NANFAn to purchase for Florida? I'm sure it is a confusing state... lots of saltwater, lots of invasves, etc. But I am also sure that one of you out there has a good idea.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#2 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

I would suggest the Florida Collecting Guide put together but the FL chapter of NANFA. You can contact Charlie Nunziata or Brian Skidmore to get a copy.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

I would suggest the Florida Collecting Guide put together but the FL chapter of NANFA. You can contact Charlie Nunziata or Brian Skidmore to get a copy.

Thanks, I forgot about that... although when I followed the link on the NANFA site just now it didn't take me to any opportunity to get such a book... I will have to try Charlie directly...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

I know they just came out with a new addition so maybe the ling has not been updated. If you get some good info on it from Charlie, please share. I have the old one, but I wouldn't mind updating.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

I know they just came out with a new addition so maybe the ling has not been updated. If you get some good info on it from Charlie, please share. I have the old one, but I wouldn't mind updating.

This is the response I got from Charlie...

Hi Michael:

The second edition is out of print, but the third edition should be in print
in the next few weeks. We are just finishing it up.

I've put your contact info on our list, and we will contact you when the
book is ready.

The third edition is a substantial upgrade to the second.

Charlie

I will keep the forum posted when the third edition becomes available, what it costs, when I get it etc...

#6 Guest_alejandro_*

Guest_alejandro_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

I will keep the forum posted when the third edition becomes available, what it costs, when I get it etc...

Any news on the book/guide?

Thanks,
Alejandro

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

Any news on the book/guide?

Thanks,
Alejandro

I haven't heard anything from Charlie and sort of forgot about it what with the SC book coming out pretty soon (they say by the end of the month), and a few other things that have me distracted... I'll follow up with Charlie

#8 Guest_alejandro_*

Guest_alejandro_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

I haven't heard anything from Charlie and sort of forgot about it what with the SC book coming out pretty soon (they say by the end of the month), and a few other things that have me distracted... I'll follow up with Charlie

I just thought I'd check. And yes, I'm looking forward the the SC book, too. Thanks.

-Alejandro

#9 Guest_arzerkle_*

Guest_arzerkle_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

I just thought I'd check. And yes, I'm looking forward the the SC book, too. Thanks.

-Alejandro

I would love a copy myself-please keep us updated!
Amy

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Got an email from Charlie this evening... the third edition is scheduled to go to print in late May... so looks like we will have to wait for June before we hear anything more about the Florida Collecting Guide.

#11 Guest_alejandro_*

Guest_alejandro_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Got an email from Charlie this evening... the third edition is scheduled to go to print in late May... so looks like we will have to wait for June before we hear anything more about the Florida Collecting Guide.

I'll check back then, then. Thanks for looking in to this.

-Alejandro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users