bluemask darter description

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

The bluemask darter, an endemic to the upper Caney Fork River system in TN, was finally described and named, E. akatulo, in most recent Copiea (received mine yesterday). the species epithet akatulo is derived from the Cherokee noun for mask.

#2 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

For anyone who hasnt seen it yet Bluemask

#3 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

That's a couple years old. That person no longer works at that FWS office and it has a listing status. The life history, ecology, and spawning behavior of the species was studied and described in a couple articles by my former graduate advisor and his fish student that immediately preceeded me. I'll ask either one for some reprints and see if I can get an electronic copy up on the document repository.

#4 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

For anyone who hasnt seen it yet Bluemask

That's a really neat little darter! Thanks for sharing!

That's a couple years old. That person no longer works at that FWS office and it has a listing status. The life history, ecology, and spawning behavior of the species was studied and described in a couple articles by my former graduate advisor and his fish student that immediately preceeded me. I'll ask either one for some reprints and see if I can get an electronic copy up on the document repository.

I look forward to seeing the electronic document! Thanks!

Brian

#5 Guest_nam8macs_*

Guest_nam8macs_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

That is a nice darter! Too bad it is only found in TN!

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

There are quite a few places where non-listed, well populated and closely related Etheostoma Doration species can be found.

#7 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

what a truley beautiful fish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users