Let's get some fish

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:04 AM

Dustin,

Let's go get some fish next week. I'll be off work Thursday or Friday. For that matter, I'll be off this Friday too. We can hit a bunch of our local spots.

Chip

#2 Guest_bflowers_*

Guest_bflowers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

Okay, quit rubbing it in that you can go collecting still :-D

Here in Indiana the water is way up and the temperature is down. I need to get in and get some fish for some schools and a children's museum. Maybe this weekend. :-({|=

#3 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

Okay, quit rubbing it in that you can go collecting still :-D

Here in Indiana the water is way up and the temperature is down. I need to get in and get some fish for some schools and a children's museum. Maybe this weekend. :-({|=

I see you got the point of my post. 8-)

Chip in SC

#4 Guest_tricolor_*

Guest_tricolor_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

Where are you guys gonna collect? NW of NC?

#5 Guest_dsmith73_*

Guest_dsmith73_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:06 PM

Dustin,

Let's go get some fish next week. I'll be off work Thursday or Friday. For that matter, I'll be off this Friday too. We can hit a bunch of our local spots.

Chip

Okay, sounds good.

#6 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:09 PM

Ummmm, we can collect up here in the winter. We have these things called waders. Ever heard of them? :D/

#7 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

Waders and a pickax to break through the ice! Lots of small waters are already frozen over this far north.

#8 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:35 PM

Lots of small waters are already frozen over this far north.

They are? I haven't seen any ice here in Penn's woods. We are expecting snow tomorrow, but not that much. Upper 30s Saturday, upper 40's Sunday. It should be a good weekend collecting. Rumor has it you might be coming? Hope to see you there.

#9 Guest_bflowers_*

Guest_bflowers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:21 AM

I have heard of waders even have some but when the water has gone from 2 ft deep to 10 ft deep. Waders are somewhat useless.

Bill F.

#10 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:20 AM

They are? I haven't seen any ice here in Penn's woods. We are expecting snow tomorrow, but not that much. Upper 30s Saturday, upper 40's Sunday. It should be a good weekend collecting. Rumor has it you might be coming? Hope to see you there.

It's been pretty cold near my home. This morning was about 10 degrees and last weeks lows were in the single digits.

I sure hoped I would be able to make this trip (too much fun to pass up). Unfortunately I picked up cold/flu around thanksgiving and can't seem to get rid of this bug. For this reason I can't see myself driving several hundred miles to stomp around the cold water while sick. I'll pass on this trip but I hope to see you fellas in the water very soon. I can't tell you how happy I am that various parts of the country are getting together. I'll certainly join you guys on a trip in the near future.

#11 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:52 AM

I sure hoped I would be able to make this trip (too much fun to pass up). Unfortunately I picked up cold/flu around thanksgiving and can't seem to get rid of this bug.

Major bummer.

I'll certainly join you guys on a trip in the near future.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

#12 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:53 AM

They are? I haven't seen any ice here in Penn's woods. We are expecting snow tomorrow, but not that much.

Ice? What's ice? For that matter, what's snow?

Chip

#13 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:03 AM

Chip

As if your local species aren't enough to make me jealous, you have to "rub it in" with your mild temperatures Chip. Remind me to harass you later :)

#14 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:25 AM

As if your local species aren't enough to make me jealous, you have to "rub it in" with your mild temperatures Chip. Remind me to harass you later :)

MILD TEMPERATURES! MILD TEMPERATURES!! It was a bone chilling 44 degrees outside this morning! I had to wear a sweat shirt! It's only going to get into the mid 60's later today. You call that mild?

#15 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:28 AM

I know you think you're being a wise guy, rubbing it in as though you have it good in the South without snow. But it's really just the opposite. You'll never get to go skiing. I spent my childhood winters on the local hills on a sled, and throwing snowballs at cars. (Yeah, I was bad.) A snowball battle is great fun you'll never have. And doing donuts in an empty shopping center parking lot during a nighttime snowfall - awesome. Having seasons is a good thing, my friend. Keep trying to rub it in - you are just wasting your breath (or should I say keystrokes).

During the rare southern snowfall, it's fun to see the reports on the news. Traffic accidents all over the place, because southerners don't know how to drive in snow. I had a friend move up here from Virginia. The first snowfall, he wrecked his car. Don't they have snow in Virginia? I would have thought that was far enough north. Well, he moved back to Virginia. He couldn't handle it.

MILD TEMPERATURES! MILD TEMPERATURES!! It was a bone chilling 44 degrees outside this morning! I had to wear a sweat shirt! It's only going to get into the mid 60's later today. You call that mild?

Poor baby! 44 degrees? I'd have been wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Mid 60's? That's downright hot this time of year. I'd be breaking out a sweat.

#16 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

Poor baby! 44 degrees? I'd have been wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Mid 60's? That's downright hot this time of year. I'd be breaking out a sweat.

I did break out a sweat...... a sweat shirt! :D

#17 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:15 PM

I did break out a sweat...... a sweat shirt! :D

You deserve this Chip. internet noogie

#18 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:38 PM

During the rare southern snowfall, it's fun to see the reports on the news. Traffic accidents all over the place, because southerners don't know how to drive in snow. I had a friend move up here from Virginia. The first snowfall, he wrecked his car. Don't they have snow in Virginia? I would have thought that was far enough north. Well, he moved back to Virginia. He couldn't handle it.

I transplanted from Boston to GA 9.5 years ago, and will stick up for the poor southern schleps (just a little bit) when it comes to driving in the snow. The problem is that the public works depts simply don't have snow-handling equipment. No sand, no salt. About once a year they sand the bridge near my house with a bunch of guys, a truck of sand, and garden shovels. It looks like a beach when they are done.

Now, what is funny is that when there are threats of flurries (and God forbid an inch or two of accumulation), there is a raid on the grocery store of bread, milk, and eggs. I always feel like shouting "People! It will all be melted by 11 am tomorrow"!

#19 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:47 PM

The problem is that the public works depts simply don't have snow-handling equipment. No sand, no salt. About once a year they sand the bridge near my house with a bunch of guys, a truck of sand, and garden shovels. It looks like a beach when they are done.

Now that's truly funny! ROTF. I'd love to see that. But really, a road covered with sand can be more dangerous than a road covered with snow.

Now, what is funny is that when there are threats of flurries (and God forbid an inch or two of accumulation), there is a raid on the grocery store of bread, milk, and eggs. I always feel like shouting "People! It will all be melted by 11 am tomorrow"!

They do that everywhere. Even if it will stay on the ground for weeks, here the public works crews will have the roads cleared within a few hours after the snow stops falling. And yet they still empty the grocery stores out. It's maddening when you truly need something but the stores are empty because of all these idiots panicking.

#20 Guest_Mysteryman_*

Guest_Mysteryman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

We get winter down here for about three weeks a year, and not all in a row. Today it's cold, some 30 degrees, and for us, that's freakishly freezing.
I'm expecting some Nanfans to swing through here next week; I can only guess, but things might be a lot more hospitable by then.
Atlanta is another fun place to be when it starts to snow. The minute the first flurries start, sheer panic breaks out and it's a stampede on the superloop, with wrecks aplenty. i've been caught there at such times quite often, and it always amazes me.
No snow down here, though, except maybe three or four DAYS per DECADE, and it never sticks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users