Fish Pictures for sale?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:56 PM

Does anyone know anyone who sells fish pictures or posters of our Native Fishes? I have been looking at some websites but they're very expensive. I'm looking for probably a poster sized picture of either some darters or some minnows or something.

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:29 PM

Does anyone know anyone who sells fish pictures or posters of our Native Fishes? I have been looking at some websites but they're very expensive. I'm looking for probably a poster sized picture of either some darters or some minnows or something.

A lot of state DNR's have posters for $5 or so. http://www.fmr.org/fp.html - just an example snagged off Google.

#3 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

Joe Tomelleri does excellent artwork on native fish. I get a trout calander by him every year and have his book "Trout and Salmon of North America". Would love to have some of his prints.

http://nativefish.or...69bbc571e7f4306

#4 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

I have (and particularly like) "Americas Nongame Fishes - Swimming in Troubled Waters". It's a really pretty poster.

In trying to find a source for it, I bumped into www.fishposters.com. Who knew??? Lists an amazing amount of fish posters, with source and/or order info.

#5 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:38 PM

I have (and particularly like) "Americas Nongame Fishes - Swimming in Troubled Waters". It's a really pretty poster.

In trying to find a source for it, I bumped into www.fishposters.com. Who knew??? Lists an amazing amount of fish posters, with source and/or order info.

I'll offer you the same friendly tip I offered someone else recently. Include "http://" before web addresses. That way, we can click on it and go there, instead of having to paste it into our web browsers. Thanks.

Like this:
http://www.fishposters.com/

#6 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:40 PM

I'll offer you the same friendly tip I offered someone else recently. Include "http://" before web addresses. That way, we can click on it and go there, instead of having to paste it into our web browsers. Thanks.

Like this:
http://www.fishposters.com/

wow. sorry. The other forum I use puts the link in without the http. I'll try to remember.

#7 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

That poster perplexes me. It has some rediculously imperiled/small range fish, like the sharphead, coppercheek, firebelly, and trispot darters, that little montypic genus sucker, blackside dace, and then it has striped shiner, southern redbelly dace, banded darter, and redline darters. Their native fish, but not exactly troubled as a species. They could have easily substituted related species like scarletfin shiner, mountain redbelly (since laurels weren't described yet), uh can't think of something related to bandeds (emeralds?) and one of several remaining nothonotus choices. The pictures are pretty though...

#8 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

That poster perplexes me. It has some rediculously imperiled/small range fish, like the sharphead, coppercheek, firebelly, and trispot darters, that little montypic genus sucker, blackside dace, and then it has striped shiner, southern redbelly dace, banded darter, and redline darters. Their native fish, but not exactly troubled as a species. They could have easily substituted related species like scarletfin shiner, mountain redbelly (since laurels weren't described yet), uh can't think of something related to bandeds (emeralds?) and one of several remaining nothonotus choices. The pictures are pretty though...

I don't think the species were meant to be troubled. The waters were said to be troubled ("swimming in troubled waters"). Which can be quite true, especially when one considers the rates of development in some parts of the country - the streams are often troubled.

#9 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:42 AM

I have 4 fish posters done by a man who works for Kentucky Afield, a magazine on outdoor activities. They will send the posters for free if you request them. The paintings are of ecosystems (stream, river, lake, and marsh ecosystem). They are very nice and list many species.

#10 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:20 AM

I have 4 fish posters done by a man who works for Kentucky Afield, a magazine on outdoor activities. They will send the posters for free if you request them. The paintings are of ecosystems (stream, river, lake, and marsh ecosystem). They are very nice and list many species.

awesome, could I get some contact information for him?

#11 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

awesome, could I get some contact information for him?

http://www.kdfwr.sta...avPath=C117C146

I imagine you can email them and get the posters.

#12 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:38 AM

Ahh, Irate beat me to it. They really are very nice posters. How did you know about these posters, Irate? I see they have made a few more. Guess I'll have to get them too. :-D

#13 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:35 AM

Nate,
I am just starting to offer for sale pictures of some of the fish from my site for sale. It's so new, in fact, that I haven't posted this on my website yet. I have 8" x 10" glossies of Male High-Color (HC) Rainbow Darters, Female HC Rainbow Darters, Fantail Darters, and others. The cost is $6.00 per pic plus shipping, which should only be a few bucks. If you got a few pics, you could combine shipping. The photos are very high-quality. They are real photos on real photo paper. Not pixellated or anything. Drop me a line if interested.

#14 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:20 AM

You would need to see the video. I snagged one before it went extinct.

#15 Guest_frog&cichlid_ chica_*

Guest_frog&cichlid_ chica_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

Nate~
If you have a nice picture you can go to the Walmart -Photo Center online. You just upload the file to the site, pay for them, and then go pick it up at your selected Walmart. It's easy. I did some reprints and enlargements for a contest I was in. That picture of the bluefin killie was one of them.

Anyways they do poster size too.

8-)

#16 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

Nate~
If you have a nice picture you can go to the Walmart -Photo Center online. You just upload the file to the site, pay for them, and then go pick it up at your selected Walmart. It's easy. I did some reprints and enlargements for a contest I was in. That picture of the bluefin killie was one of them.

Anyways they do poster size too.

8-)

I work at the Walgreen's photo Center. I could do that myself, but I don't have nice photos that I've taken myself because I don't have a nice camera.... :(

#17 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

You have most of mine (which includes her's too) you could print some of those if you want I don't mind.

#18 Guest_frog&cichlid_ chica_*

Guest_frog&cichlid_ chica_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

Me either! Go for it.

#19 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

Just got a brand new poster last week. America's Aquatic Insects Indicators of Stream Health.
Poster # 420-710 monteh@vt.edu for ordering information. I got a nice Fishes of Alabama poster last year from a non-proft group called Legacy. I'm not sure there are any of these left either, but Auburn put out an awesome poster titled Freshwater Biodiversity of the Upper Coosa River Basin. One that is REALLY nice, that I know there aren't any left of, is Tennessee Valley Treasures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users