American Currents

28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

I became a member some time back now and havent received my copy of the magazine. I know at some point there was an issue with the production of this. Is this still the case??

#2 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

53 views and no response ?? :smile2: , oh well i didnt join for the magazine anyway, thanks for the reads though LOL

#3 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

There have been some hold ups, but I spoke to our editor today and it is days away from going to the printer. Stay tuned for updates. There are plans to still get out 4 issues this year even though there was a delay in the first issue.

#4 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Excellent, glad you spoke with him Dustin.
I look forward to every issue and generally dont get any work done until im through reading it.
:)

Patience, as we have a new editor who is learning the ropes and had a tough go with pnemonia a while back.

We all owe a great thank you to our new editor's efforts and to Chris who designed, developed and edited NANFA's fine quarterly for over 10 years. I have every issue and go back to find articles of interest when the need occurs.

#5 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:26 AM

...I look forward to every issue and generally dont get any work done until im through reading it....

Same here! :rolleyes:

Brian

#6 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

Sweet....thanks for the response :) havent seen my first issue yet but am really hyped listening to all the rave reviews, Sorry to hear about that illness, it seems that was going around for awhile. Hope he is better now. Looking forward with great anticipation, and (Patience) for my first and consecutive issues :)

#7 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

Now July and still waiting :sad:

#8 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

Now July and still waiting :sad:

It is July where you are?

We are still working at it. We hope to get something out to the membership soon.

#9 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:17 AM

This waiting is making me crazy! :wacko: It's getting to the point that I may need someone to beat me over the head with a fish to keep me sane! :fishy: Of course, everyone's probably sick of hearing about this. :-({|= I'd better stay on the lookout! :unsure: Would praying work? [-o< I hope I don't get in trouble for this post! :blink:

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Email: bt@btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489

Edit: Shortened the content.

Edited by BTDarters, 24 June 2009 - 05:33 AM.

#10 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

It is July where you are?

We are still working at it. We hope to get something out to the membership soon.

close enough :) Hot as hades, in indiana, would love to be in the creeks, as the water is down now, but everyday im just sittin by my mailbox waiting for my Mag. LOL

#11 Guest_lampeye_*

Guest_lampeye_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

I joined back in April, I believe, and haven't rec'd diddy, either. Is that just the way it's going, or is there a problem with my address, or...?

Thanks and best regards,

Dave Schaeffer

#12 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

I joined back in April, I believe, and haven't rec'd diddy, either. Is that just the way it's going, or is there a problem with my address, or...?

Thanks and best regards,

Dave Schaeffer

Please look for it in your mail in the next week or so. We have, obviously, been having issues with American Currents, but we are working very hard to take care of it. We will have an issue out very shortly.

#13 Guest_lampeye_*

Guest_lampeye_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

Please look for it in your mail in the next week or so. We have, obviously, been having issues with American Currents, but we are working very hard to take care of it. We will have an issue out very shortly.

Still waitin'. Would it kill anybody to send me an older issue so I have something to show for my membership dues? This is worse than joining the ALA. :D

#14 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Still waitin'. Would it kill anybody to send me an older issue so I have something to show for my membership dues? This is worse than joining the ALA. :D

Lampeye,

Instead of retyping what Casper wrote to Joshua, I'll quote him below:

Josh the Pope...

I see that you are a NANFA member. Excellent.
All NANFA members by now have likely received an American Currents Volumn 35, Number 1, July 2009.
Part V of our former editor Chris Sharpf's Annotated Checklist of North American Freshwater Fishes.
And you should have received a letter providing details of the Florida Convention from our hosts Brian & Charlie.

If you ( or any other dues paying NANFA member ) have not received these 2 mailings you should contact Tom Watson, our Membership Coordinator at...
onefish2fish@comcast.net

Please start by contacting Tom to make sure there is not an error in the system. If there is an error, you would not receive this or future issues and mailings.

#15 Guest_lampeye_*

Guest_lampeye_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Thanks, must have missed that post - not sure what thread it's in.

#16 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:28 AM

Well, Its now August, Still havent received my first issue. But i want to simply say this. The money i paid for my membership has never been missed, and i didnt join for the magazine to start with. Since becoming a member here, Ive made a few friends, some of which made my membership possible to start with. I have done Hours of reading and learning, havent posted much, but im busy with Admin duties on another site. To me this site is a never ending source of Top notch information, If i ever am looking for the answer to a question that i know is spot on, here is where i come to get it. So If i never get a copy of the magazine, i think ive still gotten way more than i paid for. Thanks to all the Staff here, for your hours of dedication to our hobby. And whoever is in charge of sending me a copy of the magazine, dont sweat it :)

#17 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

I got my first issue of AC today.
volume 35 number 1 July 2009 PART V
Well it looks like i need to find part 1-4 now for a full set.
cover to cover of information sciences but rather dry reading.

#18 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Speaking of...did I really say that about bloodfin darter Chris? Maybe I was overly complex or not specific enough, but the Little and Big South Fork of the Cumberland would be very within the uppermost part of the upper Cumberland. Don't have it in front of me at the moment but I know you and I and myself and Ben Keck have had discussions about them in prior months.

#19 Guest_lampeye_*

Guest_lampeye_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

Finally got it. Kudos - AC is as good as ever.

Edited by lampeye, 21 August 2009 - 08:50 AM.

#20 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

Great to hear. The next issue is at the printers so look for it in the coming weeks.

Finally got it. Kudos - AC is as good as ever.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users