Need some help here - none of this hybrid nonsense either!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:39 PM

Are any of them dead?

#3 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

Photo #1 is of the elusive Cheshire catfish, Anarhichas felisia var surridea. This species can be rare, especially where there are high populations of Anarhichas lupus.

#4 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

Could you put a location on those.... they seem to be missing from my Peterson's.

#5 Guest_AndrewAcropora_*

Guest_AndrewAcropora_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:57 AM

I am quite certain that number 2 is Amphiprion rhinocerotidae, a close relative to the ocellaris clownfish that (rather unfortunately) my roommates call "Nemo"-- I suggest we dub these "Rhino"

#6 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2006 - 08:45 AM

I am quite certain that number 2 is Amphiprion rhinocerotidae, a close relative to the ocellaris clownfish that (rather unfortunately) my roommates call "Nemo"-- I suggest we dub these "Rhino"

I can't stand hearing screaming children (or adults) yell "Nemo fish!" "Nemo fish!" every time I go into a pet store. What the heck did they call them before "Finding Nemo" came out?

#7 Guest_AndrewAcropora_*

Guest_AndrewAcropora_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

Thousands of "Nemos" are being killed every year thanks to that movie. I guess that I can at least be glad that tank-raised clownfish are available to offset some of the natural impact. A. ocellaris, and A. percula are the "traditional" clownfish that most resemble the fish from the movie. You may call them either "Anemonefish" or just "Clownfish" to avoid pet-store owners kicking you in the face. Every time a new (uneducated) person comes into my dorm room to see my aquarium, my clownfish gets called Nemo. It's rather disgusting.

#8 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

Thousands of "Nemos" are being killed every year thanks to that movie. I guess that I can at least be glad that tank-raised clownfish are available to offset some of the natural impact. A. ocellaris, and A. percula are the "traditional" clownfish that most resemble the fish from the movie. You may call them either "Anemonefish" or just "Clownfish" to avoid pet-store owners kicking you in the face. Every time a new (uneducated) person comes into my dorm room to see my aquarium, my clownfish gets called Nemo. It's rather disgusting.

Yeah, I know their real name...I call them "Anemonefish" myself. It's just that it seems everyone else forgot what that name was. I have heard/read some horrific tales about what anemonefish have had to go through. Freshwater tanks, being flushed down the toilet...everything. Though I have to admit, I enjoyed the movie. I'm not about to blame a movie, I blame the idiotic people who watched it.

#9 Guest_choupique_*

Guest_choupique_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:12 AM

Pictures seem to be missing.

My guess from the posts they are green sunfish X plastic toy fish.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

couldn't resist, sorry. :wink:

#10 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 05:45 PM

Pictures seem to be missing.

My guess from the posts they are green sunfish X plastic toy fish.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

couldn't resist, sorry. :wink:

They got pulled from the hosting website. Probably a copyright issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users