Pictures of Striped Bass?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm sure you guys have seen me ask on here before, but I don't seem to have a picture of a Striped Bass in my collection to use in the binder for the Alabama Bass Pro Shops. Anyone have any they'd like to share?

#2 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

All these common fish request, it is a shame I do not have photos of these. I am in the process of building a larger photo tank this summer and plant on getting out with my rod and reel and get some good profile shots of these common river fishes. Not saying you can't seine them, just a lot easier via rod and reel, as you know. Uland might?

Sorry,

Blake

#3 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

All these common fish request, it is a shame I do not have photos of these. I am in the process of building a larger photo tank this summer and plant on getting out with my rod and reel and get some good profile shots of these common river fishes. Not saying you can't seine them, just a lot easier via rod and reel, as you know. Uland might?

Sorry,

Blake

I know, right? It's often the size of the fish that prevents people from taking the time to get great shots of them it seems. I know that when I come across a big specimen I'm often more concerned about getting it back into the water in good shape than messing around with it and getting it to pose properly.

Edited by NateTessler13, 27 May 2009 - 10:42 PM.

#4 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:31 AM

Nate, what do you want the picture to look like and what type of size range for the fish? Fish only profile, person holding fish, kid holding fish, lures and boat stuff all over the place in backgroudn??? We snapped a few pictures of a pristine 28"+ fish last year. Fisheries folks a few cubes over are doing creel and charter surveys real soon and should have pictures.

#5 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

I have a gazillion striper pics. Big ones, little ones, angler poses, no angler poses, day, night, city, river, beach, rocks, live action etc. [No freshwater though]
Tell me what you want.

eddited to add: Will post an example or two tonight if you're interested.

Edited by mikez, 28 May 2009 - 07:01 AM.

#6 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:09 AM

I think what I'm going for is an overall good example of what anglers might encounter when they're out fishing. I'm not looking for pictures of juvenile or young of year fish. I would also say I'm not looking for pictures of giant ones. An average sized Striped Bass would do the trick. I would also prefer that all (at least most) of the fins are displayed and the entire fish is fully visible. If you've got a photo with someone holding the fish, it's alright, as long as I can more or less crop them out. I don't really think people would like their faces all over the country.

#7 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:23 AM

If you've got a photo with someone holding the fish, it's alright, as long as I can more or less crop them out. I don't really think people would like their faces all over the country.

I don't know about that! I know 3 or 4 junior fishermen with some crazy big stripers under their belt. I suspect they'd get a rush out of being famous. ;-)

#8 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

A sample [and shameless gratuitous plug for my boys :biggrin: ]
Posted Image
Posted Image
This may be more what you're looking for.
Posted Image
Plenty more if these don't work.

Edited by mikez, 28 May 2009 - 04:21 PM.

#9 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

Nice! PM Sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users