WNY Collecting

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jeremygr82_*

Guest_jeremygr82_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hey guys , I am a new member to NANFA and live in the Buffalo/WNY area. I am looking to find others around western new york to go collecting with. I ahve been keeping tropicals for 15 years and am just getting into collecting natives. I have most of the equipment I need. Id like to find another person or more to show me some good collecting locations and enjoy a good colecting trip with. I was even thinking about renting a cabin or 2 in Alleghany state park if I could find some more to come along. Hope to hear from you soon.

#2 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

Hey guys , I am a new member to NANFA and live in the Buffalo/WNY area. I am looking to find others around western new york to go collecting with. I ahve been keeping tropicals for 15 years and am just getting into collecting natives. I have most of the equipment I need. Id like to find another person or more to show me some good collecting locations and enjoy a good colecting trip with. I was even thinking about renting a cabin or 2 in Alleghany state park if I could find some more to come along. Hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome, always good to see another NY native nut. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the state but do get to the Rochester area once in a while. May be around Canandaigua after July 4th, might be able to meet you somewhere between. I'll pm you.

#3 Guest_jeremygr82_*

Guest_jeremygr82_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

Welcome, always good to see another NY native nut. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the state but do get to the Rochester area once in a while. May be around Canandaigua after July 4th, might be able to meet you somewhere between. I'll pm you.

Thanks!!

#4 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

Thanks!!

I know a nice spot that would be about 1.5 hrs from Buffalo and the same from where I will be. Here's what I've found there before:

Rosyface Shiners
Central Stonerollers
Fathead Minnows
Longnose Dace
Western Blacknose Dace
Fantail Darters
Greenside Darters
Rainbow Darters
Northern Hogsuckers
Common Suckers
Stonecats
Mottled Sculpins

Plus there appeared to be some seinable spots on the Genesee River nearby which I'd love to try.

#5 Guest_jeremygr82_*

Guest_jeremygr82_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

I know a nice spot that would be about 1.5 hrs from Buffalo and the same from where I will be. Here's what I've found there before:

Rosyface Shiners
Central Stonerollers
Fathead Minnows
Longnose Dace
Western Blacknose Dace
Fantail Darters
Greenside Darters
Rainbow Darters
Northern Hogsuckers
Common Suckers
Stonecats
Mottled Sculpins

Plus there appeared to be some seinable spots on the Genesee River nearby which I'd love to try.

Sounds good. Just let me know what day you want to set this up for, so I can let mt job know . And what equipment I need to bring

#6 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

Sounds good. Just let me know what day you want to set this up for, so I can let mt job know . And what equipment I need to bring

How's Tuesday sound? I've just been informed that Sunday will be a family day! How about meeting at the first site about 9:30 am so we have all the time we want to explore a bit as well. Bring a bucket, cooler or fish bags to transport your keepers, a change of clothes makes the drive home more comfortable, waders or old sneaks you don't mind getting wet, plenty of drinking water, lunch or money to buy lunch, NY fishing license and any nets you have, camera if you like. I have all the nets we need so those are optional. I'll PM my cell # and the site location, PM your contact info please as well.

#7 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

Looks like this trip is on for Tuesday July 7th. Any other western or central New Yorkers care to join in? Of course out of staters also welcome.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users