Refugia/Plant Filters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_itsme_*

Guest_itsme_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

I have some new resdients in my refugium/plant filter tank. This is an 18" x 18" x 48" tank of about 80 gallons, that is less than half full, and has lots of 4ft flourscent tubes on top. I have it set up to filter water that flows through my other tanks. Anyway, tonight I discovered some little flies hanging out on the surface of the water and the glass above the water. They're about an 1/8 of an inch long and black/gray. I'm going to try to attach some photos here. I'm wondering if these came in on some plants I recently got from the San Gabriel River. I also noticed some brown things that may be the pupae of these flies. I'm hoping they will hang out and reproduce in the tank. Could be good free fish food, plus another critter to watch. So here are the flies, the pupae, the suspect plants, and a little shrimp with a few eggs under her tail. We'll see if I can get this to work:

Well, I tried, but the photos wouldn't load. Anyone know why?

What does this mean: "Global Space Left: 1.96k"

#2 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

Try to post the pictures again. I hope you don't get an infestation.

#3 Guest_itsme_*

Guest_itsme_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:36 AM

Try to post the pictures again. I hope you don't get an infestation.

Yes! That's what I want! :)

OK here's the pics. I see that "Global Space Left:" has suddenly jumped to 4.1mb. How does this work? Do I have to request space form the administrator to post pics? Do you have to re-allot it form another subject area? I don't really care, I'd just like to know what to expect or how to tell whether I'll be able to post things at a particular time or place. Here's the orginal text again, just to keep things organized:

I have some new resdients in my refugium/plant filter tank. This is an 18" x 18" x 48" tank of about 80 gallons, that is less than half full, and has lots of 4ft flourscent tubes on top. I have it set up to filter water that flows through my other tanks. Anyway, tonight I discovered some little flies hanging out on the surface of the water and the glass above the water. They're about an 1/8 of an inch long and black/gray. I'm going to try to attach some photos here. I'm wondering if these came in on some plants I recently got from the San Gabriel River. I also noticed some brown things that may be the pupae of these flies. I'm hoping they will hang out and reproduce in the tank. Could be good free fish food, plus another critter to watch. So here are the flies, the pupae, the suspect plants, and a little shrimp with a few eggs under her tail:

Attached Files

#4 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:51 PM

OK here's the pics. I see that "Global Space Left:" has suddenly jumped to 4.1mb. How does this work? Do I have to request space form the administrator to post pics? Do you have to re-allot it form another subject area? I don't really care, I'd just like to know what to expect or how to tell whether I'll be able to post things at a particular time or place.

I increased the amount of space users can use for posting photos. If you start to run out again, you have to clean up your profile.

#5 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:22 PM

I increased the amount of space users can use for posting photos. If you start to run out again, you have to clean up your profile.

Does this mean that pictures we have posted to other threads count toward some sort of limit, and we have to delete them from the other threads to make space to post new pics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users