My Fishing Thread

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Well i figured that i would post some pics of fish that i have been catching and will catch this year...... all these fish were caught this week and last week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

i dont know what happened to the pumpkin seed pics i caught last week...they were beautiful.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

The one fish I miss in north Alabama is bluefish... and I'd forgotten how black tautogs are.

#4 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

The one fish I miss in north Alabama is bluefish... and I'd forgotten how black tautogs are.

bluefish are a hell of a fight...

thats a black sea bass...first time ive seen one....wow were they pretty...nice teal and they had the humps on their heads.

#5 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

You're right, I looked at the black color and thick head from a rear angle and jumped to the wrong ID.

#6 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

Nice pics, Justin! Is that a large chain pickerel in the last photo?

Brian

#7 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

Nice pics, Justin! Is that a large chain pickerel in the last photo?

Brian

thanks brian...yes i believe that is a chain pickeral....right? lol

#8 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

more pics today only went out for like 30 min....wifey is sick so i couldnt go netting with firstchaos today....can some please identify for me...although they are pumpkinseed, bluegill and green sunfish.

thanks

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

more

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

the guy with the carp is not me... its a guy i always see fishing...he is the carp master

#11 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

the fish with the red ear is that a long ear sunfish? i just notcied that in another thread..how are their temperment?

#12 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

The red ear tabs belong to a (several?) pumpkinseed. Longears are fairly rare in MA, largely displaced in rivers by largemouth bass and bluegills which are both exotics in New England. P-seeds have done well because they're so well-adapted to living in a glacially shaped environment like kettle ponds with no alkalinity to speak of because they sit in non-dissolving granitic glacial debris. P-seeds are usually feisty. They forage alone and don't really school as adults, so they don't need anything like social skills. Their preferred food items are snails and large insects which they can eat because they have strong pharyngeal jaws, which is very different from bluegills with a smaller mouth, relatively weak pharyngeal jaws and a preference for small food items like daphnia and worms.

#13 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:03 PM

The red ear tabs belong to a (several?) pumpkinseed. Longears are fairly rare in MA, largely displaced in rivers by largemouth bass and bluegills which are both exotics in New England. P-seeds have done well because they're so well-adapted to living in a glacially shaped environment like kettle ponds with no alkalinity to speak of because they sit in non-dissolving granitic glacial debris. P-seeds are usually feisty. They forage alone and don't really school as adults, so they don't need anything like social skills. Their preferred food items are snails and large insects which they can eat because they have strong pharyngeal jaws, which is very different from bluegills with a smaller mouth, relatively weak pharyngeal jaws and a preference for small food items like daphnia and worms.

man that was in depth....thanks alot!!!very insightful... is it normal to have pink and red in their bellies? the pics didnt really do some of these fish justice. they had lots of reds in them

#14 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:30 AM

Nice additional pics! I wasn't sure about the Chain Pickerel as we don't have any here in Wisconsin. Only Grass Pickerel.

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Email: bt@btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489

#15 Guest_basssmaster_*

Guest_basssmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Is that first pic a black sea bass, I never caught them that big in Fl..

#16 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

Is that first pic a black sea bass, I never caught them that big in Fl..

lol that one was small compared to what people are catching...

can someone identify all my fish for me...the freshwater ones please...thanks guys..

#17 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

thanks brian...yes i believe that is a chain pickeral....right? lol

Your other FW pics consist of bluegill, common carp,pumpkinseed and a bass that I am not certain of due to the angle..

#18 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

The carp is a mirror carp and the bass is a largemouth. I meant I'd the sunfishes. The ones that have the maroon in them are bluegills? There's no green sunfish? The pumpkinseed with the red on his ear is just a plain ole pumpkinseed? Thanks guys

#19 Guest_panfisherteen_*

Guest_panfisherteen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

by the looks of it all the sunfish (with the exception of the p-seed, which looks like a straight p-seed to me) are bluegill :cool2:

#20 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

by the looks of it all the sunfish (with the exception of the p-seed, which looks like a straight p-seed to me) are bluegill :cool2:

thanks panfish!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users