Selling Native fish permit needed in Illinois?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Loki_*

Guest_Loki_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

I Pm'd a member here few days ago and have not gotten a response, so starting a thread

I see members selling natives from different states even from Wisconsin- where VHS is bad there but was wondering what type of permits do I have to get in order to sell my surplus least killifish?

Any leads to the right driection would be much appericated as one of the Illinois regulation links do not work and many of the google site is giving me invalid links in this state of illinois which I believe is not really updated at all

#2 Guest_Loki_*

Guest_Loki_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

Maybe I wasn't clear enough

due to the VHS issue

what can I do and can't do absoutely with a aquaculture facilities permit or retail fish dealers license orretail minnow dealers license

might have to get interstate minnow dealers license if least killifish is considered a minnow in the state of illinois

Might for sure get a AQUACULTURE facilities permit for sure due to selling cichlids, tetras, plecos, loaches from time to time

but that covers the retail fish license, not sure about minnow dealers license though

Cheers

#3 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

I can say for sure that Heterandria formosa do not meet the criteria for "minnow" in Illinois.

I think you'll need to get in contact with the state to find out exactly what is required. From what I've read in the past, I would guess you'll need a retail permit and an aquaculture permit. I would assume by the written law that a hobbyist needs an aquaculture permit to breed any fish but the courts may have sorted out the language of the law. I seriously doubt tropical fish breeders get these permits and have their fish species receive positive votes from the board that approves the permits.

Please let us know what the state says.

#4 Guest_Loki_*

Guest_Loki_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

I can say for sure that Heterandria formosa do not meet the criteria for "minnow" in Illinois.

I think you'll need to get in contact with the state to find out exactly what is required. From what I've read in the past, I would guess you'll need a retail permit and an aquaculture permit. I would assume by the written law that a hobbyist needs an aquaculture permit to breed any fish but the courts may have sorted out the language of the law. I seriously doubt tropical fish breeders get these permits and have their fish species receive positive votes from the board that approves the permits.

Please let us know what the state says.

It looks like I have no choice but write them a letter via snail mail-

it does not look like Department of Conservation Commerical Permit Section who issues those permits have any email listed-

Thanks for the help! Really appericate it

and yes I do breed cichlids, tetras, danios and plecos- and sell em locally so I better get a permit to cover all of my bases anyhow and will definely be posting the response letter whenever I recieve it

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users