Forum upgrade

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Please be patient with the changes as I've upgraded the forum to the latest version of the software. Unfortunately, the skin didn't get migrated.

I'll be working on the new skin and should expect it soon.

If you have any problems with the new setup, please let me know.

#2 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

Please be patient with the changes as I've upgraded the forum to the latest version of the software. Unfortunately, the skin didn't get migrated.

Wow! I go to St. Louis for five days and the forum is all different. Nice job, Drew.

Harry Knaub

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Not a real problem, just a feature request. I really used the "view first unread post" feature and find it to be very useful when trying to keep up with what is going on around the forum in general.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

I am getting too old for this newfangled stuff.

#5 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

I am getting too old for this newfangled stuff.

....you were already too old when they invented clay tablets and a scribe.......

Oops! Did I say that? Must be these new meds they have me on..........ha ha!

Greg

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

Oops! Must be these new meds they have me on..........ha ha!

Waddya got? Wanna trade for some of mine?

#7 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for all your work Drew, it does not go unappreciated.

I really like that it threads PM's. And the skin looks just great to me once I got over the initial surprise :)

The only convenience that I seem to be missing is to "View by Today" or "View by This Week". Sometimes after I've viewed something, I'll have a thought and come back to it, and that is helpful at tracking down the thread. It's obviously not burning the barn down nor am I complaining... just something about the old one that I liked.

Thanks again!
Todd

#8 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

You could do that? I didn't even know.

There are a few things here and there that I've been tweaking. I didn't realize how much I tweaked the old skin/template.

I will add that to the list of stuff to look at.

Next on the list is getting rid of this baby blue background...

#9 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, it was a drop down on the lower right hand side. It was immensely useful, esp after going on vacation or getting busy at work or something.

I don't have a baby blue background in my "skin". I still have the EarthTones ™ kind of thing going on(gray brown, beige and olive green with black heading text and bluish post text). The only blue thing in my view is the gray blue in the style tool bar. And honestly, I think it looks really nice as is (if we're looking at the same thing). But I understand the urges to tweak (the good kind of tweak, that is :) )

Todd

#10 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

If any of you guys want to design a skin, here is the GDK. It requires a more recent copy of Photoshop.

Attached File  ipb3_gdk_v1.zip   296.11KB   168 downloads

#11 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

If any of you guys want to design a skin, here is the GDK. It requires a more recent copy of Photoshop.

Attached File  ipb3_gdk_v1.zip   296.11KB   168 downloads

How about GIMP?

#12 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for all your work Drew, it does not go unappreciated.

I really like that it threads PM's. And the skin looks just great to me once I got over the initial surprise :)

The only convenience that I seem to be missing is to "View by Today" or "View by This Week". Sometimes after I've viewed something, I'll have a thought and come back to it, and that is helpful at tracking down the thread. It's obviously not burning the barn down nor am I complaining... just something about the old one that I liked.

Thanks again!
Todd

todd, i miss this option as well i used it weekly.

#13 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

How about GIMP?

Not sure, I haven't used GIMP in years.

#14 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

Thou art blest, meseemeth. Us po' folk use GIMP.

#15 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

Waddya got? Wanna trade for some of mine?

July 2 , they cut a 1.2 lb. tumor off of my thyroid that left me in icu for a few days.......right in the middle of our busy season no less.

Now its Synthroid every day, 4-ever.........

No thanks on the swap meet.........., I'll stay with this. No telling what those " Mississippi Hill Folk Docs" prescibed you.

g

#16 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

July 2 , they cut a 1.2 lb. tumor off of my thyroid that left me in icu for a few days.......right in the middle of our busy season no less.

Now its Synthroid every day, 4-ever.........

No thanks on the swap meet.........., I'll stay with this. No telling what those " Mississippi Hill Folk Docs" prescibed you.

g

Drank up son, it's GOOD fer ye! Not many hills in Mississippi, but I DO hail from the foothills of the Appalachians...

#17 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

Drank up son, it's GOOD fer ye! Not many hills in Mississippi, but I DO hail from the foothills of the Appalachians...

Oh Yea.........I can take swig or dump it in my gas tank.........I'll bet I'll be making some really weird designs of nets after that!

#18 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:28 AM

I like the NANFA homepage and gallery quick click buttons in the head bar.

Edited by CATfishTONY, 02 August 2009 - 06:32 AM.

#19 Guest_bullhead_*

Guest_bullhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Mr. Negativity here, I find the new forum to be MUCH slower than the old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users