oooh new format ....

24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scotty_*

Guest_scotty_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

i dont know if i like it yet or not ....i do miss the "new post" button tho , i really liked being able to look atactive threads...

#2 Guest_scotty_*

Guest_scotty_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

duh , i am an idiot ...lol found the " new content" button ...i dont much like change ...i was kinda used to where stuff was . its kinda like moving the furniture on a blind guy lol

#3 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Yeah, it is a lot of change. More than I anticipated actually. I will be making small changes here and there, especially fixing the color scheme. I'm trying to bring it close to what it was before.

#4 Guest_threegoldfish_*

Guest_threegoldfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

I found the new content button but is there a "go to first unread post in a thread" button? That's really useful, especially for long threads. I found the "go to last post" as well.

#5 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

I do like the greater contrast in background for different things, like to visually separate individuals replies. For the most part things look generally the same to me (currently on a Mac). The PM function was nice.

#6 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, it is a lot of change. More than I anticipated actually. I will be making small changes here and there, especially fixing the color scheme. I'm trying to bring it close to what it was before.

change is good! we have two opposable thumbs, i am sure we all can adapt.

#7 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

change is good! we have two opposable thumbs, i am sure we all can adapt.

will we have to book mark the home page.
it now looks like we are just a forum for nanfa and not member of NANFA ?

#8 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:13 PM

is there a "go to first unread post in a thread" button? That's really useful

I agree... I think this is one of the most important features for keeping up with things around here... and I haven't found it yet... any help?
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#9 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

Top right corner right under search option.

#10 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

I do like the greater contrast in background for different things, like to visually separate individuals replies. For the most part things look generally the same to me (currently on a Mac). The PM function was nice.

The PM system is still there. A lot of the menu options are in the drop-down where your name is in the upper right. PM's are now "conversations".

#11 Guest_threegoldfish_*

Guest_threegoldfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Top right corner right under search option.

That gives you all the threads with new posts on them, but you used to be able to click on an icon next to the thread title that would take you to the newest unread-by-you post in the thread. I see, however, that clicking on the thread title does that now, so thank you!

#12 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

I don't know if this is new or not, but I like the "SHARE THIS TOPIC" at the bottom left. Something I think is different that I used frequently was "REVIEW COMPLETE TOPIC" and that is now at the bottom rather than immediately below your post reply.

#13 Guest_joshuapope2001_*

Guest_joshuapope2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

I am all for change but I feel the new look kind of makes the forum look a little cheap.....Just my thought.......

#14 Guest_smilingfrog_*

Guest_smilingfrog_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:08 AM

I did find one thing I don't particularly care for which I believe is new. At least I don't recall having to deal with it before.
There have been a couple posts that had several pictures all stacked in a column. The pictures are a little too big to fit on the screen along with the text, and so there is a slider bar at the bottom to slide left and right and view the picture. This slider bar is specific to the column of pictures, and is at the bottom of the column. If there are only a couple pictures it is fine, as I can see both pictures and the slider bar at the same time, if there are say 10 pictures, and I want to see what is off to the right on the first picture, I have to scroll all the way down to picture 10, slide to the right, and then scroll back to the top. Not a terrible inconvenience, just something I didn't have to do before.
Previously the slider bar would have been at the bottom of the window (always in view) and moved everything in the window.

#15 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

I am all for change but I feel the new look kind of makes the forum look a little cheap.....Just my thought.......

I can see Drew has been hard at work making the recent upgrade on par with his previous standards. What makes you think the forum looks cheap? I'm sure Drew would like opinions on the matter as he's now in a position to make some changes.

#16 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

I can see Drew has been hard at work making the recent upgrade on par with his previous standards. What makes you think the forum looks cheap? I'm sure Drew would like opinions on the matter as he's now in a position to make some changes.

Personally I think just the opposite, that the forum looks better. Important to remember that one is working with the tools given within a somewhat rigid framework. Otherwise...and as always...step up and volunteer because there is always a lot of talk and not a lot of action.

#17 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

Matt,

I agree the forum looks better and additionally has new features that make forum life a little easier. Drew has also worked to modify the format to give us some of the features he had installed on the previous forum version (thanks a bunch Drew!).
I guess when someone thinks it looks cheap there might be dozens of others that feel the same way.

#18 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

Cheap? No. But it does take some getting used to.

#19 Guest_Radioguy_*

Guest_Radioguy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:52 AM

I appreciate the upgrade work done by Drew ... "thanks buddy."

To me, its easier to read, and regardless ... its still a great place to exchange information about what we do.

Regards,
Radioguy

#20 Guest_panfisherteen_*

Guest_panfisherteen_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

I like the new look very much, however, ive had a problem with trying to get into threads. Ill click on one, it'll "refresh" to the main page, so i hit back and have to click on the thread again to get in. Also a lot of the smileys seem to be the white box with the red X in it, at least with me lol. There are some that show up, but the majority dont :blink:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users