Outing today

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:00 PM

I went to a river that is close to me, that I pass by on a daily basis but never went down to it. My girlfriend refuses to give me my waders until Christmas day so I went down with a dipnet. I caught Mosquitofish and a darter, which I am pretty sure is a johnny, but may be a bluntnose. The Gambusia fry I caught made a good meal for my dace and shiners.

Next I went to a creek that I hadn't been to in a long time. I was very upset to see it polluted heavily with trash, and the landscape around it had been stripped of everything. There was a dead carcass of some sort there. I found no fish there.

I plan on going to a couple more creeks tomorrow and will let you all know what I find.

#2 Guest_ShinersRock_*

Guest_ShinersRock_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:14 AM

I was unable to go out to the streams today. It rained all day! :( Plus I think my shiners ate my darter. I can't find it anywhere! I didn't think he was small enough to get eaten. I have ravenous Emeralds. I stick my finger in there and they all nip hungrily at my finger. My sculpin also had a fun time chasing the darter around the tank.

#3 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:59 AM

I was unable to go out to the streams today. It rained all day! :( Plus I think my shiners ate my darter. I can't find it anywhere! I didn't think he was small enough to get eaten. I have ravenous Emeralds. I stick my finger in there and they all nip hungrily at my finger. My sculpin also had a fun time chasing the darter around the tank.

You said sculpin; you can now say, well-fed sculpin.

#4 Guest_arnoldi_*

Guest_arnoldi_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:35 PM

Yeah no doubt, sculpin are ravenous.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users