Grape Vine drift wood

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_XBurgos_*

Guest_XBurgos_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:51 AM

I am sure someone has asked about this, but I am new to the Forum.
Does anyone know If I can use Grape Drift wood from my local Pet Shop (usually sold as drift wood for reptiles and amphibians)???
I can get that stuff really cheap but I don't know if I can use it in my tank or if it even sinks. Have not tried it.
Thanks for replies up front
Using it to house Native Killies and some Apistos.

#2 Guest_chad55_*

Guest_chad55_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:33 AM

I use it...it looks great and doesnt take very long to sink either. It may take up to a week but I have some wood in my other tanks that has been in there for 2 years and still hasent sunk. Also I did not get any tannins.

Chad

#3 Guest_XBurgos_*

Guest_XBurgos_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:51 PM

I use it...it looks great and doesnt take very long to sink either. It may take up to a week but I have some wood in my other tanks that has been in there for 2 years and still hasent sunk. Also I did not get any tannins.

Chad

Great!
I can get very small chunks at my local pet shop that would probably sink faster than the currently huge pice. I was just worried that the composition of the wood might damage the chemistry of the tank. I will be keeping mostly soft water fish w/ low PH.
I guess I can silicone a slate rock to the bottom of the large pice. It's about 20" by 10" really cool looking.
Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users