Lake Sturgeon Photos?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Hi guys,
I'm working on the binder for the Gurnee, IL Bass Pro Shops. They're displaying a Lake Sturgeon there, and it's a species I haven't been able to photograph in my travels. Does anyone have a picture of one that they'd like to share and have on display there? I would of course cite it as you pleased.

Thanks,
Nate

#2 Guest_UncleWillie_*

Guest_UncleWillie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hi Nate,
The only pictures I have are ones in the 'touch-tank' at the Tennessee Aquarium. So no wild or in-the-field pics. If you are interested, let me know.

#3 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

The purpose of the photo is to give guests an idea what a Lake Sturgeon looks like. As long as the photo gives a good representation of the fish, it doesn't really matter where the fish is from. In fact a photo that Brian Zimmerman let me use is of a Bigmouth Buffalo from the Tennessee Aquarium.

#4 Guest_UncleWillie_*

Guest_UncleWillie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I went through my pics - I only have one decent one, and it is a bit blurry. I posted it in the Gallery.
Lake Sturgeon

#5 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Genuine Lake Sturgeons, spawning mode.
This fall. The Cheese State.

2Sturgeon2x.JPG

They taste good. Smoked in Apple Wood. Menomineee.

#6 Guest_royalwhaler_*

Guest_royalwhaler_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

This Lake Sturgeon came out of the Great Lakes System. It was 5 feet and 4 inches long and weighed 60 pounds. We have a catch and release season for when they are this size so I returned him back where he came from - St. Clair R., Mich. :smile2:

102_2156.jpg

#7 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

Whoah, thanks for the responses. I appreciate them all. I was able to obtain a great photo from Alberta Sustainable Resource Development's Fish and Wildlife Department. In future publications I may use a picture from here (of course, I'll inform the photographer). Thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users