Brown Bullhead and Albino Channel Catfish

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:03 AM

Would a Albino Channel Catfish and a Brown Bullhead not kill each other if kept together? I intend to keep these two cats indoors in my 55 gallon tank and then move them into my Dad's backyard pond when they outgrow the 55. Any thoughts? Has anyone kept these two species together?

#2 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Sounds alright. As long as they can't fit in one anothers mouth. The Channel Cat has the postenitial to get very big and eventualy probably could be able to eat the bullhead when they are realeased into the pond. However with lots of cover in the water they should be able to avoid eachother and be fine. Where did you get the albino cat?

#3 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:21 AM

I haven't got either fish yet, and albino channel cats are sold as pets at a lot of pet stores.

#4 Guest_kycat_*

Guest_kycat_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:00 AM

I haven't got either fish yet, and albino channel cats are sold as pets at a lot of pet stores.

a lot of fish farms that grow for stocking ponds and lakes have enough quantity of cats to have naturally thrown albinos within their stock. many times these farms run stocking trucks that sell at farm stores in the spring and fall. while many farms do not treat them as seperate items they do sometimes charge a little more when found. with all that said my nearest commercial fish hatchery made his round today by me. I asked for albino channels to which he again replied don't make enough on them to seperate them and no I don't have any. well I decided to buy a 12 4inchers anyway. when he dipped in up came an albino he didn't know he had, made me happy. but being out of 4 inchers i had to take 5-8's instead but for 40 cents each that was ok. I got home, opened the oxy bag and counted 16 fish and one pushing 12 in. i'll have to find a pond some where for him.

anyway i guess the moral of the story is look into these guys, you might find some need fish. he even had musky and small pike too. the water quality was perfect too. I guess when thats your biz you keep it right!

tim

edited for spelling mistake

Edited by kycat, 21 September 2009 - 02:03 AM.

#5 Guest_NATHANFOUDRAY_*

Guest_NATHANFOUDRAY_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

channel cats are 4.69 at walmart and they have albinos and wild coloration

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users