Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

http://www.delawareo...red in Pa. park

#2 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090910/NEWS/90910015/6-foot+alligator+captured+in+Pa.+park

Great, now someone is going to be asking on proper tank size for one and how many bloodworm cubes you have to feed one. :)

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Great, now someone is going to be asking on proper tank size for one and how many bloodworm cubes you have to feed one. :)

Sure, and there will also be someone that wants to make keeping alligators illegal so that they do not escape...

oh wait they are already illegal... well that worked really well didn't it? Maybe we need more laws?
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

You can keep one in a ten gallon tank and feed it flakes. :wink:

#5 Guest_AndrewAcropora_*

Guest_AndrewAcropora_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

You can keep one in a ten gallon tank and feed it flakes. :wink:

Along with no less than 5 adult largemouth bass.

#6 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

Any of these laws are admittedly feeble attempts to protect most of us from the mental defectives who want to keep alligators at home in Pennsylvania, or wherever. With proper prosecution such bozos can at least be stripped of some of their money so they're less likely to be able to do it again. What's the choice?

#7 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

Sure, and there will also be someone that wants to make keeping alligators illegal so that they do not escape...

oh wait they are already illegal... well that worked really well didn't it? Maybe we need more laws?

You can order them online. I found a site with baby crocs, caimans, etc. Any idiot can buy one.

#8 Guest_crwnpt_*

Guest_crwnpt_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Speaking as a former owner of a decent sized alligator, I can and will say access to them is far too easy. Education and access to knowledge about keeping large crocodilians in captivity is woefully inadequate and most people can not, or will not care for them properly. Even my set-up( a 12x12 room with a large kiddie pool) wasn't enough and my gator was only about 4 feet. He ended up at a farm in Louisiana when I wasn't able to care for him anymore. If the education was there, and the availability(and cost) were lower, we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems. But... in the age of the internet.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users