live food: brine shrimp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_yomamacold_*

Guest_yomamacold_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:19 PM

does anybody have any experience in breding generations of brine shrimp. i want to know how because brine shrimp eggs have ballooned over the last ten years. i fany body has any experiance please reply

#2 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

does anybody have any experience in breding generations of brine shrimp. i want to know how because brine shrimp eggs have ballooned over the last ten years. i fany body has any experiance please reply

My brine shrimp experience is not very good. I got a packet of them from a store and after a few days i see nothing shrimplike, just a bunch of particles floating in an aerated bottle.

#3 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

I just bought this today. $7.45 Came with 3 packets of salt/egg mix. I'll keep you posted.

Attached Files

#4 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:32 AM

I just bought this today. $7.45 Came with 3 packets of salt/egg mix. I'll keep you posted.

I use to breed BS but it was more trouble then it was worth for my time.
for $8.00 at my lfs i can buy million of frozen adult BS.my fish do love them as a treat.
i had a hard time keeping the colony alive after about the third generation.
here is a link to my notes i use to keep.
http://forum.nanfa.o...__1

Edited by CATfishTONY, 19 September 2009 - 05:38 AM.

#5 Guest_LiquidPyro33_*

Guest_LiquidPyro33_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

I just picked up a tube of eggs for like $4, Haven't started hatching them yet, but it doesn't seem that expensive...maybe thats just me

#6 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

I've never had good luck with the little vials of eggs sold at the pet store. The larger containers with a % hatch rate listed are more reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users