FL native fish books

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_cam191919_*

Guest_cam191919_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

iv been looking for a book on the native freshwater fish of florida. i have a very comprehensive, detailed book on saltwater fish but iv never been able to a similar book for freshwater fishes. if anyone knows of a book like this i could really use some direction!

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

iv been looking for a book on the native freshwater fish of florida. i have a very comprehensive, detailed book on saltwater fish but iv never been able to a similar book for freshwater fishes. if anyone knows of a book like this i could really use some direction!

At the convention last week, I believe it was said that there is not a "Freshwater Fishes of Florida" or similar book... that is one of the reason that the guys from Florida came up with their "Collecting Guide" which is the next best thing. They have just completed the third edition and were selling some (I got one) and taking orders for more at the convention. Check out the NANFA web site, join, and then look for the regional representative page... you can contact those guys.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users