MAAH - Oct. mtg. - Native Killifish Talk

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

Dear NANFAns,

I would like to announce that I will be speaking at the October meeting of the Madison Area Aquatic Hobbyists. The title of my talk is: A Tale of Two Killies: Keeping and Breeding American Native Killifish. The meeting starts at 11:00am on Saturday, Oct. 24th. The meeting site is:

Dream Bowl
13 Atlas Ct.
Madison, WI 53714

There is an admission fee to attend the meeting. It is $5.00 for individuals, and $8.00 for families. In addition to speaking about native killifish, I will be donating some to the club auction. I'm not going to be offering these fish in any great quantity, so if you'd like some, I recommend that you attend the meeting. I may not even be offering these fish on my website, just to give you an idea of how few I have. You won't want to miss this meeting!

For more info, you can email me, or visit the MAAH website at: http://madisonaquatichobby.com. See you there!

Brian

#2 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

Sorry for the delay, here are the slides from my talk. Enjoy!

Attached File  a-tale-of-two-killies.pdf   2.06MB   70 downloads

Brian

#3 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Nice, Brian! Thanks for posting it. I plan to try breeding some bluefin killies when I can get my hands on some again. I had some a while back and got a couple accidental fry. I'm going to try moving the adults out of the tank they spawned in, instead of moving the eggs.

#4 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:42 PM

Thanks, Susan! I just got some more Bluefins from Geoff Zeiger to increase my stock. I don't know what his forum handle is, but if you can get a hold of him he may be able to help you out. I'm happy with the fish I got from him!

Brian

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users