Guest_kalawatseti_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

http://www.baltimore...0,3770282.story

#2 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:58 AM

Looks like we we're reading the article at the same time Chris (and double posted!). Not sure we are getting out into the field today with this rain...

and Dave, sorry the Sun only gave you proper credit on the blog post and not the main article...

Edited by ashtonmj, 16 October 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#3 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

...and Dave, sorry the Sun only gave you proper credit on the blog post and not the main article...

Photo, huh? For the record, my illustration was based on a USNM specimen and a series of color slides taken in the early 1970s by Jim Williams.

At any rate, it's good to hear folks are giving it one more try.

#4 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

I didn't realize Tom had electrified the trawl. I'd be interested to see how he's doing that.

Todd

#5 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

I'll let ya know. I think he had a recent presentation on it, I'm sure there are diagrams. I think the PA electrofied trawl design was recently published too.

#6 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

Sorry for the derail but... :) Was that all in the new AFS sampling book? I forgot to check it out when i was at the Convention. Have you seen that Matt, is it worth the $$? Anyone else?

Todd

#7 Guest_kalawatseti_*

Guest_kalawatseti_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

It's amusing -- and disheartening -- to see some of the posts the article has elicited:

Please, if anyone finds one or more of these fish eat it or keep your mouth shut!
Finding these would be the worst thing that could happen to anyone who enjoys using the Susquehanna River.

Great! "They" cost the farmer money and effort and it looks like when "they" killed 70 of them "they" ended the snail darter.
It shows the government always knows best. The little buggers were probably thriving on pesticide.

#8 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

Todd, haven't seen it yet. Our librarian purchased it at my suggestions and it was then promptly checked out by some of the fisheries guys.

Chris, the really funny thing was before those comments were posted we were dicussing the potential for a blog since we used to put out quarterly newsletters and how it should have any commenting function disabled. The prime reason was because the types of comments you get from people that troll newspaper websites and we jokingly wondered how long it would take for something to be posted blaming 'us' in regards to the Maryland darter.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users