pics from tonight...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

I was in a picture taking mood tonight. These are all in the same tank. If you looked at my tank shots they are in the homemade tank on top of the stand with 3 tens under it. This is sort of my tank of random stuff I just keep because I like them not for any breeding purposes (well there are bantams bluespots and a female dollar sunfish in there too that I have for breeding purposes).

My favorite shot has to be the male gilt darter by himself... it's my new desktop background.

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

I was in a picture taking mood tonight. These are all in the same tank. If you looked at my tank shots they are in the homemade tank on top of the stand with 3 tens under it. This is sort of my tank of random stuff I just keep because I like them not for any breeding purposes (well there are bantams bluespots and a female dollar sunfish in there too that I have for breeding purposes).

My favorite shot has to be the male gilt darter by himself... it's my new desktop background.

Outstanding! looks like the stictogaster is getting along well!

#3 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:48 AM

Outstanding! looks like the stictogaster is getting along well!

ya I put that one in there for you to show you your fish is alive and well. I still can't get over the behavior that thing has, it's just weird, acts more like a sunfish than a darter.

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:51 AM

ya I put that one in there for you to show you your fish is alive and well. I still can't get over the behavior that thing has, it's just weird, acts more like a sunfish than a darter.

It is weird! they are NEVER sedentary! Totally pelagic. I really dig them.

#5 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

That Redhorse looks ominous in the background of that one picture

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

Wow Brian your gilts are so washed out!?!?!?! Where are they from? The males in the TN drainage, once they are above about 40-45 mm TL, seem to stay in full breeding color year round. We've had a gilt for over a year now from the Hiwassee River and it hasn't lost one bit of its color, if anything its better.

Great pictures though :!:

#7 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

The male gilt (just have the one) is from the convention. We caught tuns of them in the black river in MO which comes out of the ozarks so this guy is a ozark gilt which I beleive are thought of as an undescribed subspecies, atleast thats the way they are listed on the species list on the home page. I have seen them at the TN aquarium and they definately look nicer, a lot more color. I actually kept the largest brightest colored one I saw all day in the black river and beleive me we saw a lot of them. I think they were the most abundant darter species we found that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users