grouper eats shark

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:47 AM

I found this youtube video to be cool. I am not sure if you let us post fish related videos you find on youtube here (if you don't I am sorry), but the grouper eating the shark is cool and I wanted to show it to people who appreciate fish.

#2 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

Holy Cats! :o That was really cool. Sot of unrelated to the forum, but awsome none-the-less.

#3 Guest_trygon_*

Guest_trygon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

Holy Cats! :o That was really cool. Sot of unrelated to the forum, but awsome none-the-less.

It's not umrelated at all, the goliath grouper Epinephelus itajara and what looks like a young lemon shark Negaprion brevirostis are both North American natives with really large distributions.

Bryce

#4 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

It's not umrelated at all, the goliath grouper Epinephelus itajara and what looks like a young lemon shark Negaprion brevirostis are both North American natives with really large distributions.

Bryce

A pitty I cannot find the clip from Extreme Contact (a show that used to be on animal planet) where the guy diving tried toughing a goliath groups and had his arm swallowed and had to struggle to the surface with a 400 pound fish on his arm, that was impressive.

I'd like to see someone with a saltwater tank big enough to house a fully grown goliath.

#5 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

Go to the GA aquarium in Atlanta...

Attached File  IMG_5766.JPG   96.29KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_5765.JPG   108.04KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_5763.JPG   119.95KB   0 downloads

I don't know my salt water fish very well but I think these are two different species of large grouper.

#6 Guest_trygon_*

Guest_trygon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:15 AM

smbass,
The first photo looks like a potato cod, Epinephelus tukula, they are a southwestern Pacific species, GBR and the Coral Sea. The other photos look like goliaths, E. itajara, to me.

Bryce

#7 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

I don't know my salt water fish very well but I think these are two different species of large grouper.

I am suprised they don't eat all those little fish they are kept with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users