Dimensions for the 55 gallon bowfront I'm being offered

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SunnyRollins_*

Guest_SunnyRollins_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

37" side to side: 21" top to bottom: and 17" front to back in the middle (the largest part) is what he tells me. I initially only planned for a bluegill and green sunny, about 1.5" each right now. My roommate gave me his pet baby bluegill that appears to be just over an inch(it's being housed separately). Will these dimensions be OK for when full grown?

#2 Guest_dsaavedra_*

Guest_dsaavedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

i don't think so, as those are two of the most aggressive sunfish there are. it would maybe be alright for 2 bluegills, or just the green sunfish. i don't know if they'd be compatible in that size tank. i haven't kept green sunfish though so i'm not sure.

#3 Guest_SunnyRollins_*

Guest_SunnyRollins_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

i don't think so, as those are two of the most aggressive sunfish there are. it would maybe be alright for 2 bluegills, or just the green sunfish. i don't know if they'd be compatible in that size tank. i haven't kept green sunfish though so i'm not sure.

Well now it's just 1 green and 1 bluegill...one of my bluegill was eaten by a crayfish, which has been removed.

#4 Guest_dsaavedra_*

Guest_dsaavedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

you could give it a shot...

#5 Guest_SunnyRollins_*

Guest_SunnyRollins_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:12 PM

you could give it a shot...

I really have no other option at this point. I've seen a few videos of green sunfish and bluegill being kept together with no problem. At least since they're both small...once I get this tank, they won't have any squabbles for awhile.

#6 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

I have a female green sunfish, a male pumpkinseed and a male bluegill in a 55 gallon with a yellow perch and a bullhead. Everyone gets along fine but occassionally there is an arguement between them, just offer plenty of hiding places and territory "anchors", such a driftwood or rocks.

Edited by catfish_hunter, 31 December 2009 - 12:09 PM.

#7 Guest_SunnyRollins_*

Guest_SunnyRollins_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:50 PM

I have a female green sunfish, a male pumpkinseed and a male bluegill in a 55 gallon with a yellow perch and a bullhead. Everyone gets along fine but occassionally there is an arguement between them, just offer plenty of hiding places and territory "anchors", such a driftwood or rocks.

That was the plan! I hope to get it within the next few days....I can't wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users