Burbot Photo Test

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Burbot_*

Guest_Burbot_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

I am trying to take some decent pictures of my burbot, and while I send some to Nate, I thought I would post one of many here.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ss.JPG   1.15MB   21 downloads

#2 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

Man is that cool. Awesome!

Todd

#3 Guest_Radioguy_*

Guest_Radioguy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

That looks slicker than condensed weasel pee Burbot!

#4 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

That looks slicker than condensed weasel pee Burbot!

Say WHAAAAAAATTT?

But that is a GREAT photo of your burbot and he looks as happy as a coyote in a corn pile. Maybe a little hungry, though. :lol:

#5 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:38 AM

Thanks to Tyler, I was able to complete the page in the educational binder for the Burbot. Here's how it turned out;

Posted Image

Tyler, expect to see this on display in front of the aquarium at the Calgary Bass Pro Shops within the next few weeks. Thanks again!

#6 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

Thanks to Tyler, I was able to complete the page in the educational binder for the Burbot. Here's how it turned out;

Posted Image

Tyler, expect to see this on display in front of the aquarium at the Calgary Bass Pro Shops within the next few weeks. Thanks again!

That looks real nice.
i hope they all appreciate your hard work.
before you got to print you may look at some small changes to the art.
i would curve the vector art the match the banner as in word" BURBOT"
scale down the pic of your burbot a little so it doent crash into the banner and the background
remove white background bounding box from the composite art or place it in a small box before print.

#7 Guest_Burbot_*

Guest_Burbot_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

whats with the weird sayings? @Radioguy: I laughed so hard at that...:)

Thanks guys

Poster child. im so proud.

Edited by Burbot, 07 January 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#8 Guest_bart_*

Guest_bart_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Looks great! I love the tiki feel and the photo looks fantastic. I agree with the changes Catfishtony suggested.

#9 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:35 PM

It looks great! Nate's been making these educational sheets for Bass Pro Shops all over the US and Canada, I don't think he wants to change the format at this point.

#10 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

remove white background bounding box from the composite art or place it in a small box before print.

Tony, thanks for the suggestions. It's no secret I'm not a graphic arts designer. I'm an ecologist. I agree with your changes and will look into making them, but I must say I don't quite understand your last suggestion. Which is the "white background bounding box" and which is the "composite art"?

It looks great! Nate's been making these educational sheets for Bass Pro Shops all over the US and Canada, I don't think he wants to change the format at this point.

Thanks, Susan. I just remade the one for Rossford, OH to include the Trout sp. that we have on display in the smaller aquarium. I also updated the distribution maps, photos, and included pages for our two newest species (Black Crappie and Hybrid Striped Bass). It should be reprinted and on display in the next week! I'm excited!

#11 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:39 PM

Tony, thanks for the suggestions. It's no secret I'm not a graphic arts designer. I'm an ecologist. I agree with your changes and will look into making them, but I must say I don't quite understand your last suggestion. Which is the "white background bounding box" and which is the "composite art"?

Thanks, Susan. I just remade the one for Rossford, OH to include the Trout sp. that we have on display in the smaller aquarium. I also updated the distribution maps, photos, and included pages for our two newest species (Black Crappie and Hybrid Striped Bass). It should be reprinted and on display in the next week! I'm excited!

everything outside of the bamboo art frame is in a large white colored box
everything inside of the bamboo the text and art work is all part of the final image to print.
NateTessler13 i just wish i could spell after reading what i was trying to say
man i need to slow way down when i type.

#12 Guest_Burbot_*

Guest_Burbot_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

so is there a burbot in the tank in calgary?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users