2010 OLMS Annual Conference
"Ecological Integrity of Lakes and Shorelands"
March 19, 2010
Stark County Parks Exploration Gateway at Lake Sippo
Board Meeting, Exhibitor Set-Up and Reception - March 18, 2010 5:00-9:00 PM
CLAM Training - March 20, 2010 10 AM - 3 PM
CALL FOR STUDENT POSTER ABSTRACTS
Poster abstract submittal guidelines (Deadline: February 15, 2010)
1. All conference posters must be accompanied by an abstract submitted prior to the established deadline.
2. Abstracts must be electronically submitted to Chris Lorentz (email@example.com).
3. Abstracts must be submitted as a Microsoft Office Word (DOC or RTF) file.
4. A student must be the first author.
5. Font size: 12-point Times Roman for all text.
6. Title: Top line with UPPER CASE informative title in BOLD font. Latin names should be in italics.
7. Author names: On line below Title. Full first and last names should be used for all authors, with middle initials
8. Author affiliation and address should follow the author names.
9. Body: Two lines below Authors, 250 word maximum length. Use proper grammar and informative statements.
10. Reference citations should be avoided in abstracts; if used, it counts toward word maximum. Place bracketed
number (i.e., ) in the text and place that number followed by citation at the end of the abstract, on a separate
11. File name: Use first authorís last name as the file name (e.g., Collins.doc). Uniquely number multiple abstracts
by the same author.
12. Abstracts not conforming to guidelines will be returned.
Poster Guidelines (Upon approval of abstract, additional details for the posters will be provided.)
1. Posters should conform to the following size dimensions: 36 x 36 inches or 48 x 36 inches.
2. Font size and sections: Consider using 72 point font for the Title Section, 48 point font for Author and Affiliation
Section, 48 point font for the Sub-Heading Sections, and 24 to 32 point font Body Section.
3. Be considerate of viewers and make font large enough for easy reading.
4. Sub-Headings: These typically include Introduction, Objective, Methods, Activity, Results, Discussion, and
Conclusions, are usually in BOLD font, and highlight the research or outreach components.
5. Figures / Tables: Reference any figure or table by number in the poster text, and place a figure number and
caption below figures and a table number and caption above tables.
6. All posters must be brought to the presentation room on the evening of March 18 or on morning of March 19.
Poster pins will be available to attach the poster to foam board.
7. Student author (s) will be given an allotted time to explain research and outreach components to viewers.
8. The posters will be judged and awards will be given for first, second, and third place winners.
If you have any questions concerning the abstracts or posters, contact Chris Lorentz
at 859-344-3373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
call for papers
No replies to this topic
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users