New 20 Gallon Long

21 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:22 PM

Agree on the Orange spots, fantastic small sunfish, active but not at all aggressive, and the blue spots at least the ones i have are active, but more reclusive, and laid back, they will both look great, and by the way your set up looks really nice, It scared me though when you were getting discouraged earlier in your post, and talked giving up. Trust me, we have all been through exactly what you just went through, and not many of us would trade our experiences in the North American Native Fish hobby for anything else.

#22 Guest_nickag9_*

Guest_nickag9_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

Thank you all for the support and the compliments. I wasn’t really as close to giving up as my previous post made it seem but I was getting pretty discouraged. But now that I have made it through the cycling process and the tank is looking good, I am very excited to get started. When I first decided to get an aquarium I immediately told myself I would only keep North American Native Fish. My ultimate goal is to gain enough experience (and save enough money) to build and maintain a 450 gallon tank for a pair of Largemouth Bass and some other larger sunfish species. I wanted to start with a similar fish in a much smaller tank in order to “get my feet wet” in the hobby so when I found the 20 gallon long on sale at Petsmart I couldn't resist. As for the Orange and Blue spotted sunfish, I fell in love with them while doing research online for smaller native fish. I will post up pictures of the tank once I acquire my new fish and I will keep everyone updated on my future project as I begin working on my basement. Thanks again for such a great site!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users