OH-MI-PA-KY-WV Area Alliance
Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:32 PM
Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:58 PM
I think it's about time to plan another regional trip. Anyone have any ideas for locations... I'm thinking sometime in late feb or mid march (i'm still hoping I may get to florida the first week of march). Skipjack played host last time any other volunteers? Or if you guys realy want to you can come to NW Ohio and play in the muddy maumee drainage but I don't have anywhere for people to stay but I could lead a group around to locations but the diversity is not so great in this part of the state.
I'd be up for some sampling of the Maumee in February.
If there is a reasonable hotel around I'm sure we could make this a couple day thing.
As a note also I'll really need you guys to help out in doing some good heavy sampling this spring...April???? maybe
Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:32 AM
Looking further ahead, Brian and I briefly discussed doing French Creek (NW PA), maybe this summer. Anyone else interested in coming to PA? Some of the New Yorkers might even be able to make that.
Richard, I'm hoping the possibly April sampling for your project will be on one or more weekends? If so, I see no reason I won't be able to make it. Keep us posted on your plans.
Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:05 AM
Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:14 AM
The Irishman in me votes for St. Patrick's Day, even though I'm not Catholic. I vote for that weekend, with the following as an alternate, depending on the weather.
So I guess it looks like I will be the host more or less for this next trip, it looks like you guys want to come out and play in the muddy Maumee. We can make it a 2 day event like last time but I live in a little appartment and don't have room for guests so I can't provide housing like skipjack did. So I am thinking the next step is lets pick a date... here are some possible dates for me... Feb 24 and 25, mar 17 and 18, or mar 24 and 25. So lets pick one quickly so those that need time to take a day off can do so keeping that in mind too one of the march dates may allow more flexibility and now that winter finally seems to be taking hold the weather may be better by then. Place your vote...
Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:20 AM
Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:42 PM
Date Location Body of Water
August 25th 2006 Grand Rapids Dam Maume River
Method of Capture: seine
Notes: Nate and Brandon helped
Orange Spotted Sunfish
Sand Shiner/mimic shiner
Northern Hog Sucker
Date Location Body of Water
January 28th 2006 Near Riverbend Park Blanchard River
Method of Capture: Seine
Notes: Water was normal for winter Nate Tessler helped
Northern Longear Sunfish
Orange Throat Darter
Common White Sucker
Black Striped Topminnow
These are probably two locations that I would take the group. Both are public parks so easy access and as you can see plenty of species to catch.
Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:23 PM
There are only two days I'm not allowed to play with fish.
My wedding anniversary and my wifes Birthday, which just happens to be St. Patrick's day.
If a different date could be found I could make it down.
Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:37 PM
Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:47 PM
I also don't have anything the 31st of mar and 1st of april so if we wanted a little more time and an alternate both after st patricks we could plan on 24th and 25th and the above as an alternate. I want to hear from a few others yet before we settle on that for sure though.
Either of the above works for me
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users