Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

It's a logperch.

#3 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

sweet :) and a beauty at that, a guy that lives in bloomington Indiana posted that on another forum i frequent, I had no idea they were that nice :) I need some now !!!! lol

#4 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:21 PM

Yep, one of the biggest darters! I've heard anglers catch them now and again on light tackle.

#5 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

As long as we are talking up logperch... I have kept them in aquarium and they are great tank inhabitants... shy at first, but eventually hungry enough to come to the front... and then look out... they like to use that long nose to flip rocks over and look for things under the rocks that others can't get to... the one in the photo looks a little stressed (handling, weather...). Once they calm down they tend to be a little golder in body color and the tiger stripes are a little darker (although I assume substrate color has something to do with that as well). Mine was a good neighbor, never bothered other fish, lived with his best friend (a big bluehead chub) under a log most of the time, out some others, but was always out when there might be something to eat.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#6 Guest_wdon71_*

Guest_wdon71_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

I've kept 3 in a 29 gal for about 2 1/2 years now and enjoy them very much, all 3 come to the front of the tank as soon as I enter the basement where my tanks are kept. And when I feed them they swim to the surface and nearly come out of the water to get their goodies. All in all a great fish so far.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users