American Currents has gone to the printers!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the American Currents proof copy has passed final muster and the printer should be starting to print copies today for distribution. I'm told that it'll take about 5 days for them to print all of the copies, and then they will be mailed after that. So you should expect a copy at your door in about 2 weeks! In this issue, you'll find articles about Lake Sturgeon, a spawning system for river minnows, a 2009 convention collecting trip recap, a Cutthroat Trout book review, 2010 convention info, an American Eel article, an article about spawning Johnny Darters, and more! I hope that you enjoy it! Please feel free to send me comments about it. I'm trying to make it the best publication it can be. Now, all of that said, I ask you to please send along any content you may have for future issues. Some of the articles that are coming out in the current AC have second-halves that will be making an appearance in my second issue, but I still need more content. Also, please be aware that we're trying to get out six issues this year, so I'm going to need a lot of material to fill them! I appreciate any help you can provide. If you have anything to send along, please send it to my email address below. Thanks!

Brian

cover.jpg

#2 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Brian, you're awesome! Thanks so much for taking this on!

Todd

#3 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Brian, thank you for or new issue.

#4 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

Beautiful Brian! Will be looking forward to the read.

#5 Guest_bart_*

Guest_bart_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

What a beautiful photo. Looks spectacular. :shock:

#6 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:35 AM

Thanks, guys! I hope that you enjoy it! Please feel free to send me comments after you get the issue. I'll be interested in your feedback. Also, again, if you have any content for a future AC, please send it to me. I've got a lot of issues to fill this year. Thanks!

Brian

#7 Guest_Bob_*

Guest_Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Thanks, Brian!

What a beautiful photo. Looks spectacular. :shock:

#8 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

You're welcome!

Brian

#9 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

Admit it - the cover of this issue is strictly intended to tease Moon!

#10 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

And it's a good issue, with not one but two articles involving Casper doing his thing from Florida to Wisconsin (but he only wrote one of them).

#11 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:51 PM

Gonna turn in a little early tonight with a fresh copy of AC to read and make some flowing water dreams. Looks like it's the Snorkelmeister issue!

Awesome job Brian, I sincerely appreciate you taking on this task!

Todd

#12 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Thanks again, guys! All of the membership should have their copies in the next week or two. Please feel free to leave comments for me here after reading it, or send me an email. My contact info is below. Thanks!

Brian

#13 Guest_truf_*

Guest_truf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:50 AM

I just realized I need to update my mailing address.
Where do I accomplish this daring feat?

#14 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:49 AM

Not this week but next week I am thinking of joing NANFA solely for American Currents. Are there any online in PDF format so I can preview it to decide if it is what I want to do?

#15 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:50 AM

Yes

#16 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

Yes

just found it.

#17 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:56 AM

Thou doest well, my son!

#18 Guest_khudgins_*

Guest_khudgins_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

Got mine, Brian, you've done a fantastic job. Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

#19 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:42 AM

I just realized I need to update my mailing address.
Where do I accomplish this daring feat?

Contact Tom Watson to update your mailing address. His email is: onefish2fish@comcast.net.

Not this week but next week I am thinking of joing NANFA solely for American Currents. Are there any online in PDF format so I can preview it to decide if it is what I want to do?

For those of you looking for a sample issue of the AC to whet your appetite, please visit this page and follow the link to the Spring 2005 Issue PDF on the right-hand side of the page. Enjoy!

Brian

#20 Guest_joshuapope2001_*

Guest_joshuapope2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:58 PM

I recieved mine a few days ago and I am very impressed with this issue.... Great work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users