Cecil County Maryland

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

Anyone from around here? I am near Big Elk creek. Wondering what I would find around here. Probably enter Big Elk at the Blue Ball road area.

#2 Guest_bart_*

Guest_bart_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

Where does blueball road intersect with big elk creek? Blueball intersects with little elk right near the I 95 bridge. Is that where you mean? I always peep that spot out on my way to the staples in elkton. I'm 10 minutes up the road.

#3 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

I am new around here so may have my roads mixed up. Well what would you find in Big Elk Creek? I looked online and all I found was Cecil County in general. Had margined madtoms. Tessilated darters, eels, a few different dace and shiners.

#4 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:06 AM

You didn't look too hard then...10 years of the state's stream sampling fish data are available online and you can search by stream name, watershed, etc. PM me.

#5 Guest_dmarkley_*

Guest_dmarkley_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

Anyone from around here? I am near Big Elk creek. Wondering what I would find around here. Probably enter Big Elk at the Blue Ball road area.

I'm not too far away, being up here in Lancaster County, PA.

Dean

#6 Guest_bart_*

Guest_bart_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:28 AM

I suspect you would find pretty much what you stated as well as some sunfishes and suckers. If you were to come over to the Susquehanna drainage out my way, you would probably find a few more species of interest.

#7 Guest_dsaavedra_*

Guest_dsaavedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

check this out: http://mddnr.chesape...mbss/search.cfm just put in Cecil Country and type in "Big Elk" for the stream name and you're good to go.

Edited by dsaavedra, 22 January 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#8 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

Oh yeah! Perfect spot.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users