Water proof camera

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

I wouldn`t mins getting a waterproof ccamera. I would prefer a digital but I like film cameras too. I want to buy something fairly inexpensive but something thatt isn`t a peice of poop. I want it mainly so that I don`t have to worry about it getting wrecked when colletiing or camping and doing outdoorsly stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Guest_UncleWillie_*

Guest_UncleWillie_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:58 PM

If you do a search for "underwater camera," you should see several threads about waterproof digitals, general point-and-shoots, and fish photography in general. Many of those threads are multiple pages, they might be helpful. Cheers

#3 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Search on "Olympus" too, lots of us have one.

#4 Guest_panfisherteen_*

Guest_panfisherteen_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

lol i just got an olympus stylus tough camera, waterproof to 10' (before you need casing), should be great for any underwater excursions in streams, rivers, and other shallow places :cool2: snorkelling with gar, anyone? :mrgreen:

#5 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, the waterproof Olympus digitals start at about $100 new and are probably your best bet for a decent waterproof digital. There are some digital cameras out there that are less expensive, but I don't have a good feel for the quality. I got my dad a waterproof Canon Elph Sport film camera. I'm not sure he's ever used it, but Canons are usually decent. The price of this camera seems to have climbed since I bought it...

Olympus 550 SW

Canon Elph Sport

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hasselblad + Baggie - the perfect combination.

#7 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:29 PM

Hasselblad + Baggie - the perfect combination.

You have to be smart enough to close the baggie. I wasn't, so I had to replace my camera. ](*,) I bought an Olympus waterproof. Other people have taken some fantastic pictures with it. You know, other people who know how to work it.

#8 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

Why bother with the baggie? Just slather that sucker with polyurethane. Water damage will not be an issue!

#9 Guest_threegoldfish_*

Guest_threegoldfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

Love your new sig, Irate.

#10 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:19 PM

Love your new sig, Irate.

Truth in advertising - I'm a believer

0 user(s) are reading this topic