Members and legal collecting sites reasonable distance from Vermont?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

I'm in Vermont, where collecting opportunities are currently about zero because of VHS-inspired restrictions. Are there folks in North-Eastern NY, Western NH, or Northern CT who go out collecting? What are collecting rules like in these neighboring states? I don't mind researching them myself if needed, but figure some people on here may know off the tops of their heads.

Thanks, Jase

#2 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

I'm in Vermont, where collecting opportunities are currently about zero because of VHS-inspired restrictions. Are there folks in North-Eastern NY, Western NH, or Northern CT who go out collecting? What are collecting rules like in these neighboring states? I don't mind researching them myself if needed, but figure some people on here may know off the tops of their heads.

Thanks, Jase

I am in western NH and I go out collecting. What are the rules for collecting in NH? very poor. The rules state gamefish cannot be collected with a net but asking a fish and game guy it ends up only minnows are collectable. (I tried following the rules at first, but gave up after spending 60 dollars plus shipping and handling on two sunfish only for one to kill the other, a lesson I could have learned for free). The rules also forbid the transport of live fish but most fisherman do so anyways. Honestly I wish I knew a way to make NH modify their collecting rules, but the state as a whole cares little about the non-game fish and the Fish and Games nongame wildlife division just barely started to take an interest in them.

Oddly enough, I didn't care about them until I joined NANFA, now my view on fish is completely changed and I care about the little fish, even more than i do some game fish.

Edited by FirstChAoS, 09 February 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#3 Guest_Elijah_*

Guest_Elijah_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

Thanks, Jase

I am thinking of going to Northern NY/St Lawrence watershed to look for Iowa Darters.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users