New to NANFA

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fishyz_*

Guest_fishyz_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi guys I'm new to NANFA but I'm not new to fish. I've been keeping fish for about 3 1/2 years. I don't know about when I got interested in natives but I like them because you can't find them in most tanks that you see. Natives I've had are a johnny darter, a sunfish of some kind, and right now I have a trio of american flag fish. I'm working on a 150 gallon tank that I want to be made to look like a slow-moving planted stream or small river. I don't know what I'm going to keep in it yet but I want a grass pickerel in it. The site looks great and I'm looking foward to getting some good info from you guys and giveing out advice when I can.

#2 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

Welcome

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

I'm looking foward to getting some good info from you guys

HA! Well, welcome anyway 8)

#4 Guest_fishyz_*

Guest_fishyz_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

HA! Well, welcome anyway 8)

Note to self: don't take advice from this guy.

#5 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

lol! you seem to catch on fast!

#6 Guest_frog&cichlid_ chica_*

Guest_frog&cichlid_ chica_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

Hello There!

#7 Guest_fishyz_*

Guest_fishyz_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

lol! you seem to catch on fast!

Why thank you. :grin:

#8 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

Welcome to the site.

#9 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

Welcome to the site, glad you found your way here.

Are you new just to the NANFA forum, or actually new to the NANFA organization as well?

#10 Guest_fishyz_*

Guest_fishyz_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

Welcome to the site, glad you found your way here.

Are you new just to the NANFA forum, or actually new to the NANFA organization as well?

Both actually but I haven't joined the organization yet (I will eventually).

#11 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

You should go ahead and join, that way you get to buy cool NANFA bumper stickers, coffee mugs, and stuff to impress your friends with. They'll all think you have such a great hobby and know such interesting people that they'll all want to join too 8)

Hey, got any Pike or Muskie? My kid wants to try keeping one in his bedroom aquarium and we don't have any around here. I'll allow you $5 towards shipping. Please send the pike ASAP, he can't wait!

#12 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

You should go ahead and join, that way you get to buy cool NANFA bumper stickers, coffee mugs, and stuff to impress your friends with. They'll all think you have such a great hobby and know such interesting people that they'll all want to join too 8)

Hey, got any Pike or Muskie? My kid wants to try keeping one in his bedroom aquarium and we don't have any around here. I'll allow you $5 towards shipping. Please send the pike ASAP, he can't wait!

I have gator gar, how about that?

#13 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

I have gator gar, how about that?

Can I keep a couple in a ten gallon?........ :-P

#14 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

Can I keep a couple in a ten gallon?........ :-P

Did I tell you about the sturgeon I have in a goldfish bowl?

Top that one!

#15 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:06 AM

Ok that was fun but back to just saying Hi to our new member....or I get out the delete button

#16 Guest_fishyz_*

Guest_fishyz_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

You'll have to wait till spring but I could get him that pike or muskie if he really wants it or I could get him a grass pickerel when I go to this one pond to get a few for myself. The grass pickerel would be alot better than a pike or muskie for a tank because they only reach about 15" if that. Please let me know because I'll most likely go as soon as it's warm enough out. And tell your kid to be patient because I'm having a hard time waiting aswell. :-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users