New York Trip (Schenectady Area)

48 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

I have spring fever....i was wondering when we can plan a trip for? Heck tomorrow or sunday is good for me... hahah. but in reality the 27th is good for me as well....mike i also have a 55 gallon tank that i could bring down to you...its very nice....tank, stand and all. so reply in here for people that are interested....

#2 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

I have spring fever....i was wondering when we can plan a trip for? Heck tomorrow or sunday is good for me... hahah. but in reality the 27th is good for me as well....mike i also have a 55 gallon tank that i could bring down to you...its very nice....tank, stand and all. so reply in here for people that are interested....

Yes I'm anxious to get out as well, not sure what the water levels are like currently. Due for some rain this weekend plus I have the weekend pretty much fully booked anyway. The 27th might work nicely. anyone interested? As tempting as another 55 is I'll pass. I've got all I can handle for now. Some of the Virginia fishes from our trip are starting to look very ready for spawning so I'd like to try at least a few species.

#3 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

I am anxious to sample again too. I may be up for it that weekend.

#4 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

It's a ways South of me, but I might be interested as collecting opportunities in Vermont are zero. What's the current legal situation with collecting in NY?

#5 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

It's a ways South of me, but I might be interested as collecting opportunities in Vermont are zero. What's the current legal situation with collecting in NY?

jase hop a ride with josh aka firstchaos. its a 3 hour drive for me too. but ive been numerous times and its always been productive and amazing...maybe youll even catch a beaver

#6 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

jase hop a ride with josh aka firstchaos. its a 3 hour drive for me too. but ive been numerous times and its always been productive and amazing...maybe youll even catch a beaver

I guess I can give him a ride (I think I ride through burlington on the way their if I remember right). I just have to remember to clean my car out first.

#7 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

so hows it looking everyone? any updates?

#8 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

well i am allowed to keep my 55 gallon!!! so now i have a whole 55 gallon that i need to fill!!! and im thinking rainbow darters and red side dace!!! mike i really hope that you can go...without you its just not the same.

#9 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

well i am allowed to keep my 55 gallon!!! so now i have a whole 55 gallon that i need to fill!!! and im thinking rainbow darters and red side dace!!! mike i really hope that you can go...without you its just not the same.

I'm in for some collecting just to get out in the water, need some feeders for my redfin pickeral and gar. I'm running low on feeders.

#10 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'm in for some collecting just to get out in the water, need some feeders for my redfin pickeral and gar. I'm running low on feeders.

awesome...heck if its just you and i that always works out anyway. def need to fill my empty 55 now!! any suggestions what can go in that bad boy?

#11 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

awesome...heck if its just you and i that always works out anyway. def need to fill my empty 55 now!! any suggestions what can go in that bad boy?

I moved most of my shiners to my 20 to avoid being eaten (sadly this was before the algicide overdose wiped out some of my prettier ones and most of my darters), so I mainly use my 55 for sunfish, perch, and other large fish. That being said I am planning of upgrading (as soon as i can save money) as it is getting a bit crowded. I suggest 1 few of the more fascinating sunfish for the tank.

I am looking forward to collecting too. I definately want more suckers, a stone roller, a creek chub, chubsuckers, and maybe exotic sunfish (NY has a few species not yet in my tank). I could also use a replenishment of my darters and more longnose dace are always appreciated especially colorful ones.

#12 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

so hows it looking everyone? any updates?

Tough for me to say yet. You're still talking the 27th, correct? I'm not sure I'm in a position to actually bring anything home right now, but would still be fun to just see what's there.

#13 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

Tough for me to say yet. You're still talking the 27th, correct? I'm not sure I'm in a position to actually bring anything home right now, but would still be fun to just see what's there.

Yeah the 27th. Josh's first time he didn't have room and had a heck of a time. A lot more fish out there!!!!

#14 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:01 AM

mike my mom says rain next week. what are you hearing? i neeeedddddddddddddd to go lol

#15 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

mike my mom says rain next week. what are you hearing? i neeeedddddddddddddd to go lol

I need to go too, but i understand if we postpone due to inclement weather. How are the rivers in New York looking? they're still pretty high over here.

#16 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

I need to go too, but i understand if we postpone due to inclement weather. How are the rivers in New York looking? they're still pretty high over here.

Still high here as well if it rains much this week could make it rough if not impossible have to play it by ear this time of year.

#17 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Still high here as well if it rains much this week could make it rough if not impossible have to play it by ear this time of year.

I hope the water level lowers by this weekend. Except for one bluegill through the ice i haven't been able to catch a fish since october, i even fished every spot that i usually catch fish on hook and line this weekend with no luck.

I should make a fish shopping list, but I am feeling like i want everything after going so long without fish.

If anyone needs a ride their tell me in PM so I know where to pick them up and if I shpuld clean out my car or not.

#18 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:05 AM

alrighty it looks like today is the last day of rain...
this weekends forcast is http://www.weather.c...ekend/USNY1296. sunny.

im hoping to get some red sided dace, fantail, greenside....huge logperch....rainbows and i dont know what else. i just cant wait to actually collect. i think my mom is actually gonna come with us.

#19 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

alrighty it looks like today is the last day of rain...
this weekends forcast is http://www.weather.c...ekend/USNY1296. sunny.

im hoping to get some red sided dace, fantail, greenside....huge logperch....rainbows and i dont know what else. i just cant wait to actually collect. i think my mom is actually gonna come with us.

I am hoping for suckers (any suckers, but especially creek chubsuckers if they have any their), darters (I am down to 2 since the algicide incident and one disappearing), stonerollers, northern redbelly dace, longnose dace, a creek chub or two, and maybe a redbreast sunfish (I haven't caught one since i set my mind on getting one and i heard they are in upper schohairie reservoir, this seasonal movement thing has me lost, i still can't find the fish).

#20 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

My next few weekends are spoken for -- not going to make this one. Maybe later in the Spring/Summer. Have fun.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users