Photo

2010 convention auction help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 AussiePeter

AussiePeter
  • NANFA Member

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

I am hosting the 2010 NANFA convention in Ash Meadows, Nevada. I am looking for someone who would be willing to take the lead on contacting folks for donations for the auction. I don't really know anything myself about doing this type of work, but I'm sure that folks who have run past conventions will be willing to offer advice (I'll put everyone in contact as most of them are not on the forum). Essentially the auction is a crucial part of the convention, both as part of a fun and entertaining evening for everyone involved, but it is also a unique way of raising some extra income for NANFA that can only be done once a year at conventions. This type of activity helps NANFA greatly in many different ways, but especially to be able to fund our grant programs to the greatest extent possible. Please respond here, or send me a PM.

Thanks
Peter Unmack

#2 bart

bart
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:59 AM

I may be able to lend my artistic skills to the cause. Maybe a few small Nevada fish paintings and prints? I'd love to hear some suggestions, especially if anyone can get me some superb photos to use.
Coming soon, bartgelesh.com

#3 AussiePeter

AussiePeter
  • NANFA Member

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

G'day Bart

That is a really generous offer, and I know that artwork always attracts a lot of attention at the conventions.

I'm not sure how many you have in mind, but my suggestions would be:

Devils Hole pupfish
one of the springfishes (Crenichthys)
Moapa dace
speckled dace

I can dig up pretty good pics for these I think. Please shoot me an email, peter.nanfa@unmack.net so I can email you some pics.

Thanks
Peter

#4 bart

bart
  • NANFA Guest

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Email sent Peter.

Those sound and look great! I'm gonna start another thread regarding this as to not hijack this thread. These would be paintings of fish in their respective habitat not just the fish. Me doing these will all be contingent on how much help I get from NANFA on gathering Quality reference photos of both fish and environment. I live in eastern PA so I doubt I will have any opportunity to photograph them myself in the near future. I hope we can make this happen. :smile2:

I may also be interested in lending my skills on the art for the shirt design too. I know Casper said you guys usually like to have a different artist contribute for each convention shirt but I thought I'd offer a tentative maybe if need be.

Edited by bart, 16 March 2010 - 10:24 PM.

Coming soon, bartgelesh.com

#5 AussiePeter

AussiePeter
  • NANFA Member

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

G'day Bart

There are a number of cool videos at http://desertfishes....eo/fishvid.html showing most of these fish in their natural habitats. It's been a while since I have looked at these and my connection at home isn't that great, but I'll take another look at them tomorrow. They likely won't show the fish in full color, but the habitat should be representative. We can probably find some good pics that show their color better.

Cheers
Peter