Google Earth - Sharing collection spots

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TFD_*

Guest_TFD_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

I am new to native fish and fish keeping in general but I am really enjoying the warmouths my son and I collected together. Would anyone be interested in sharing collection spots? Using Google earth or even just latitude and longitude. If I can't go to your spot, it might still give me an idea where to look in my neighborhood.

For those who may not know Google earth is a free program that allows you to view satellite images of anywhere on earth. You can download it at earth.google.com

I'll start it off by sharing the spot near my house where I collected 4 warmouths about 4 weeks ago.

I found them in a small stream which feeds our lake. Simply turned over some rocks and grabbed them with my hands.

opps (guess I can't do that)

Simply copy and paste the coordinates in the search within google earth or go to http://maps.google.com and paste the coordinates into the search field.

Don

#2 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

TFD,

New technology coupled with public accessibility have caused us to be protective of posting specific locations on the forum. We encourage specifics to be discussed via private message (PM). We openly discuss river and creek systems to get people headed in the right direction. In the case of GPS coordinates....We simply don't allow them to be posted in public. Since anyone good or bad can see this forum and fishes are limited in number, we've decided that any coordinates should be handled via PM's. GPS coordinates are valuable, please continue to keep record of these locations and share them carefully.

http://forum.nanfa.o...p?showtopic=332

If anyone has suggestions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me or any member of the staff directly.

#3 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

It is unlikely that those that participate in the forum would not over harvest/ harvest fish illegally but you never know who's watching on here and not participating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users